Treatment Plant Operator
Various Locations Within the Bega Valley Shire
A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including, libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens & town centre care.
Most recently we’ve added recovery, rebuilding and resilience to the important work we do.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff these may include;
- Rostered day off schemes
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Staff development and award programs
We have an opportunity for a hard working individual to operate, control, maintain and report on the performance of Bega Valley Shire Council sewerage treatment plants to ensure compliance with Regulatory requirements and Strategic Business Plan objectives.
As a Treatment Plant Operator, you will undertake sewage treatment plant and water treatment plant operations and maintenance activities as well as prepare a range of operational documents including daily plant log sheets associated with the role.
You will also:
- Prepare a range of operational documents including daily plant log sheets associated with the role.
- Provide input into monitoring of treatment plant operation, maintenance, administration costs.
- Assist with the development and implementation of techniques and methods of process control which increase plant performance and efficiency
- Confer with Treatment Plant Operations Coordinator and Superintendent on plant operational issues and problems.
We are seeking an individual who holds a Cert III in Water Industry Operations (NWP30215) or equivalent level qualifications suitable to the role, a current NSW Class C Drivers licence and a General Construction Induction – White Card
You will have the following skills and experience;
- Demonstrated practical experience and capability in water treatment plant and/or sewerage treatment plant operations and maintenance. (Indicative 3 years’ experience).
- Knowledge of the NSW Government Regulatory environment associated with sewage treatment and drinking water treatment.
- Well-developed written, verbal and computer literacy skills, including skills in the interpretation of engineering plans, specifications and quality systems.
- An understanding of water quality matters including an understanding of Australian Drinking Water Guidelines (ADWG) and NSW EPA regulatory requirements.
- Additional skills, knowledge and qualifications that may be applicable to this position, such as trade qualifications in mechanical, electrical or plumbing disciplines, Cert IV in Water Industry Operations (NWP40515), other qualifications, specialist training or specialist work experience.
This is a permanent full-time position working 38 hours per week. Remuneration is 1145.40 per week, plus 9.5% employer superannuation contribution.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information on this position, please contact Jason Darcy, Treatment Plant Coordinator on 6499 2217.
Applications close 9am AEST on 24 February 2021.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.