Senior Manager - Residential Care
- South Eastern Metro Region
- Based in Clayton
- Full time ongoing position
- Great salary packaging benefits incl. Full Private use of a vehicle
Join Victoria’s largest independent child welfare organisation and become a vital part of a team that never gives up doing whatever it takes for kids. We believe everyone should have a good childhood, growing up in families and communities where they feel safe, nurtured and have hope for the future.
Berry Street’s Residential Care Program offers accommodation and support to children and young people who are referred through the Child Protection system. A rare, challenging and exciting opportunity has become available to join our leadership team in the South Eastern Region, with responsibility for the overall performance of our Residential Care Program.
We are looking for an experienced, highly client focussed and driven Senior Manager to ensure:
- The provision of high quality service through appropriate policy and program development, ensuring that the program reflects best practice principles.
- A program with appropriately skilled staff who will maintain a high quality of care to the clients entrusted to our care
- Program development and maintenance through monitoring demand for service, maintenance of data, regular liaison with key DHHS personnel and strategic planning with the Director, South Eastern Region as required.
- The provision of management, support and supervision to 3 direct reports.
The successful candidate will have a sound understanding of the developmental and therapeutic needs of children and young people who have suffered abuse and neglect and are on statutory protective and juvenile justice orders. We are seeking someone with energy, passion and demonstrated experience in managing staff to ensure a high standard of care is provided to young people placed within Residential Services.
Reporting directly to the Berry Street South Eastern Regional Director, this role will be a key contributor to the South Eastern leadership team. You are someone who strives for best practice outcomes and will model the Berry Street values in all that you do. In return, Berry Street offers excellent employment conditions, a generous remuneration package including private usage of a fully maintained vehicle and a genuine commitment to a culture of staff care and development.
Management experience and a tertiary qualification in social work, welfare or a related social science field is required. Demonstrated links with key stakeholders within the South Eastern Region would be advantageous.
Queries to Meaghan Holden (Director, South Eastern Region), on (03) 9239 1400
Applications addressing the key selection criteria should be submitted by 11pm 21st January 2016