SAP Basis Administrator
Cement Australia is seeking an enthusiastic and driven SAP professional to join our diverse IT Applications Team.
As one of two SAP BASIS Administrators, you will ensure Cement Australia’s SAP environment is effective, efficient, reliable and secure. You will support business operations and iServices’ customers by minimising adverse impacts of changes and enabling business improvement initiatives. Reporting to the IT Applications Manager and working alongside the SAP BASIS and IT Security Compliance Administrator day to day, you will work collaboratively to not only share your knowledge but gain further experience across a wide range of areas.
Your days will be varied as you will be working across the full scope of SAP BASIS administration tasks, SAP Security maintenance (roles), documentation maintenance, SAP systems quality improvements and knowledge sharing. You will be responsible for building new environments, supporting the audit processes, root-cause analysis and dealing with SAP high priority support incidents. You will also carry out database administration, DRP design & implementation, troubleshooting issues and writing design and technical documentation.
With the support of a professional team around you that is willing to share their knowledge and skills, this is an excellent opportunity to collaborate and learn as well as challenge yourself to find elegant solutions to the technical problems you will be presented with.
About the role:
As our SAP Basis Administrator, you will:
- Provide systems and database administration including; Windows & OS patching, instance migrations, Support Pack Stacks management etc
- Maintain a current disaster recovery plan covering all key services, regular test recovery and restoration procedures
- Meet support request service level targets while maintaining a high customer service standard
- Ensure high performance is delivered, reliable backups are maintained, system availability is within targets and problem resolution visible and reported to customers
- Maintain SAP Security in line with documented company policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all the relevant legislation, supplier (software, hardware, service) agreements and company policies
- Meet support request service level targets
- Design and implement systems and database management for all company server environments
- Ensure daily tasks / duties are delivered using available resources including external contractors and outsourcing providers
- Delivery of agreed project outcomes within budget, timeframes and business satisfaction
- Participate in on-call support roster
- Experience in SAP BASIS Administration; monitoring system performance, applying Windows & Linux patches, SAP Support & Enhancement Packages etc in a hosted Data Centre environment
- Maintenance of SAP Security; profiles, roles via SolMan position-based security
- Specialized knowledge technical knowledge of the following systems; SAP, GRC, Netweaver, Fiori , Linux, Oracle, MS Windows (patching) and MS SQL
- Business continuity / disaster recovery planning and execution
- Implementing compliance and change control processes within SAP
- Demonstrate problem solving, multi tasking skills and identifying and analysing problems whilst working under pressure and exercising your knowledge of SAP Basis technology
- Sound understanding of IT change control systems, audit requirements and processesAn understanding of SAP PI/PO integration (SAP and non SAP Systems including, SaaS / Cloud)
- Ability to participate in an on-call after hours support roster, as/when required
An icon of the Australian cement industry, Cement Australia is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of cementitious products and services.
Whilst cement is in the name, the business portfolio is diverse, comprising a series of heavy industrial manufacturing operations, coal and limestone mines, bulk distribution transport fleet, rail and shipping interactions and hazardous waste treatment and alternative fuel production (Geocycle).
As an organisation, we offer our employees work-life balance, a close-knit and collaborative team whilst providing you with the tools and opportunity to make your mark as our IT customer focused champion. Our vision is to create a safe, healthy, productive and sustainable business and are looking for like-minded professionals who align with our company values and have a focus on supporting a positive safety culture.
Why work for Cement Australia:
- Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturer
- Collaborative high performing team environment
- Opportunity to learn and further develop your SAP technical skills
- Free onsite parking and next door to Darra train station and buses
- Onsite Family Room for parental emergencies
- Large enough to be the best, small enough to treat employees as family
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and a background check.
Cement Australia is an Equal Opportunity employer and open to residents of Australia with valid working rights.
Please apply directly as submissions from third party agencies will not be accepted at this time.
Build your dream career and lifestyle with One of Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturers and innovators.