Founded over a century ago, Colin Biggers & Paisley continues to realise our vision of being recognised as the leading provider of legal services in our chosen fields of expertise. Today our practice has over 400 staff, offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, and a track record of high engagement and collaborative leadership.
About the role
As a key member of the Management Information Systems (MIS) team, you will work be part of the MIS Development team providing support and software development as required.
The responsibilities of this role include
- Contribute to the development of software solutions by actioning requirements and performing the relevant code changes.
- Work under guidance, to develop, test and maintain browser and desktop based applications built on a variety of technologies.
- Conducting database maintenance
- Assisting with software development and building new reports to business/client specification
- Amending current applications in line with changing business needs
- Analysing & evaluating the performance of an application
- Providing application support, research tasks and general administration tasks as required
- Collaborate closely and become a valued contributor in an autonomous cross-functional team
The successful candidate
You will need to be self-motivated and adaptable in this dynamic environment. The successful person will have high level customer service skills, excellent communication skills and the confidence to troubleshoot technical issues. To be successful in securing this role you must have:
- Ideally 2 years' experience in a similar role, professional services background would be favourable
- Relevant qualifications in Computer Science or similar
- Excellent customer service focus providing a high level of service to our clients
- Strong research and troubleshooting techniques
- The ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- The ability to respond promptly and effectively to multiple queries
- Sound knowledge and experience of Microsoft products (Office suite, Windows)
- Exceptional communication skills, including interpersonal and written skills
- Able to respond promptly and effectively to multiple queries
At Colin Biggers & Paisley, our workplace culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work/life balance.
We established the Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation which brings together our entire community offering, underpinned by a central strategy of promoting and protecting the rights of women and children in Australia and abroad through pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions.
We commit to promoting a truly diverse workforce and culture, that is inclusive of everyone and gives all of our people the opportunity to build and advance their career in a way that is aligned with our core values: balance, respect, loyalty and integrity. This will assist us to improve the business performance of the practice, acquire and retain the best talent, enabling us to build effective teams for our clients and deliver the highest calibre service.
We continually invest in our people, providing training, learning and support, and promoting a social and connected environment. We also offer other benefits such as social and sporting functions, rewards and recognition, casual Fridays, massages and professional memberships.