National Receipting Clerk
Founded over a century ago, Colin Biggers & Paisley continues to realise our vision of being recognised as the leading provider of legal services in our chosen fields of expertise. Today our practice has over 400 staff, offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, and a track record of high engagement and collaborative leadership.
About the role:
Reporting to the Finance Team Leader and working closely with the Credit team, you will be responsible for:
- Processing EFT payments and allocating them to appropriate matters
- Processing trust accounts and cheque payments
- Reconciliations of bank statements
- Manage bill reversals, adjustments, failed payments, write offs and bad debts
- Ensure batch balancing, reconciling and responding to any queries are performed accurately and within standard time frames
- Process/authorise transfer/cash journals and disbursements as required
- Review regular receipting reports as required
- Undertake review and audit tasks as directed
- Acting as a conduit between the business, clients and suppliers and the credit team
- Deliver technical expertise and support to external service providers
- Ad hoc duties as required
The successful candidate:
You will be supported in this close knit team, given training, mentoring and guidance from your peers and leader. You will need to be self-motivated and adaptable in this dynamic environment. Ideal background and skills include:
- Prior experience as an experienced Receipting/Accounts Receivable Officer/Clerk or Credit Controller
- Exposure or a background in a professional services/legal environment is preferred
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience using Elite 3E would be highly desirable
- Excellent deadline management skills with the ability to adjust and manage flexible priorities
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
At Colin Biggers & Paisley, our workplace culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work/life balance.
We established the Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation which brings together our entire community offering, underpinned by a central strategy of promoting and protecting the rights of women and children in Australia and abroad through pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions.
We commit to promoting a truly diverse workforce and culture, that is inclusive of everyone and gives all of our people the opportunity to build and advance their career in a way that is aligned with our core values: balance, respect, loyalty and integrity. This will assist us to improve the business performance of the practice, acquire and retain the best talent, enabling us to build effective teams for our clients and deliver the highest calibre service.
We continually invest in our people, providing training, learning and support, and promoting a social and connected environment. We also offer other benefits such as social and sporting functions, rewards and recognition, casual Fridays, massages and professional memberships.