Expressions of Interest - Head Chef - Darwin
- Competitive salary on offer.
- We pay shift, weekend and public holiday penalties!
- Work for a market leader with a talented & friendly team.
- Exciting career development & internal transfer opportunities.
Cater Care Services is seeking to appoint a culinary professional with leadership experience to the role of Head Chef at our remote village in the Northern Territory on a FIFO basis from Darwin.
What this role involves:
- Food preparation and presentation (breakfast, crib, dinner and functions).
- Stock management, ordering, stocktake.
- Management of site contract scoped catering services.
- Impeccable client relationship development / management.
- Demonstrable team management, development & leadership.
- Financial performance and P&L responsibility with a focus on labor and food costs.
What we require from you:
- Certificate III (or similar) in Commercial Cookery.
- Food Safety Certification (mandatory).
- Minimum 5 years experience in total kitchen operations in a remote mining village (or similar) environment.
- Ability to work in varying degrees of heat, cold, humidity & inclement weather.
- A manual drivers’ license (preferred) and forklift license (desirable).
- Impeccable, genuine, friendly & professional customer service.
- A motivated, constructive and professional ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Resourcefulness, resilience and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging & time-sensitive environment.
- Pride in personal appearance & hygiene.
Why work for us:
We have a unique culture that can only be attributed to the people that work for us. To assist you in deciding whether you would like to work for us, please head over to our website to view our EVP, Values, The Cater Care Way and Employee Benefits.
Cater Care values Workplace Diversity, and we recognise that we are strengthened by it. We invite all to apply to our roles, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islands people to consider a career with us.
Please click “Apply for this job”. If your work history aligns with the key selection criteria for the role, one of our recruitment coordinators will be in touch. Please, no agencies.
Please note: All successful candidates will be required to satisfy one or more of the following; a national criminal history check, a thorough pre-employment / coal board medical and/or have or obtain a Standard 11, S123 or G2 certification.