Children's Services Workers - Mackay Region
Position: Children's Services Worker
Start date: Casual
Hours: As required
Applications are now invited from qualified educators for the position of Casual Kindergarten Assistants for the Mackay Region Kindergartens.
This position reports directly to the Kindergarten Director or person appointed to be responsible for the centre. Other key relationships include children, families and the Early Learning & Care Consultant.
A minimum Diploma in Children’s Services or equivalent is preferred. Certificate III in Children’s Services or equivalent (ACECQA approved qualifications: https://www.acecqa.gov.au/qualification-requirements) will also be considered. A working with Children Check and eligibility for a Suitability Notice will also be required. It will be necessary for the successful applicant to obtain an ACECQA approved First Aid Certificate.
The successful applicant will have relevant experience and an understanding of, and a commitment to, the ethos of Catholic Education. In addition, you will have excellent time management skills, well developed interpersonal skills and a high proficiency of computer skills.
- A current valid Blue Card under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 (WWC Act) and valid Suitability Notice is a requirement of the position.
- A minimum Diploma in Children’s Services or equivalent is preferred. Certificate III in Children’s Services or equivalent (ACECQA approved qualifications) will also be considered.
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Rockhampton
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
For further information about the role, please view the Position Description
How to Apply
- Complete the application form below
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key characteristics of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of (3) three professional referees
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
Applications close 18 April 2021
- For a confidential conversation please contact Employee Support Services 4994 8086
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.