Chemistry & Junior Science Teacher
Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane's inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic and career pathway results for our inclusive community of students.
The College is seeking a committed and dedicated Chemistry and Junior Science Teacher, who has a passion for teaching in the science field and to work as part of an energetic team committed to excellence in the classroom. This is a full time, continuing position starting in Semester 1, 2021.
The ability to teach other subjects is an added advantage. Please clearly state the subjects you are qualified to teach in your application.
The applicant will have:
- Registration to teach in Queensland;
- Qualifications supporting, and experience in, teaching Senior Chemistry and Junior Science;
- Demonstrated excellent teaching practice
- The ability to teach any other subjects;
- Demonstrated capacity to integrate ICTs into teaching and learning;
- Willingness to contribute to the College's extensive co-curricular program; and
- Commitment to the Catholic and Marist ethos of the College.
Applicants should address the criteria above in their application.
How to Apply
Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including three referees (one of which should be your current principal);
- A succinct overview of how you meet each of the essential selection criteria
- A completed application form which is available from the College website
- Copies of Qualifications and Academic Transcripts
Note: To be considered for this role you must clearly address each of the essential criteria outlining how you meet the expectations.
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of their application.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close 12 noon on Friday, 23 October 2020
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time
Once you have clicked the Apply button on our website or the Apply For This Job button on Seek, please continue to scroll down on this page to complete your application.
Download the MCA Application form here.
Download the Position Description here.
Enquiries only (please do not email your application) should be addressed to:
Head of Staff Services
Marist College Ashgrove
Ph 3858 4643 or 3011 1308
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.