Business Support Officer
- Internal secondment is available for a Business Support Officer from now until beginning of October
- Are you wanting to diversify your skills and knowledge by gaining experience in the Regulatory, Planning and Assessment Team?
- Permanent full-time 35 hours per week
The Regulatory, Planning and Assessment team have a 4 month internal secondment opportunity available for a highly organised person with strong attention to detail. The successful person will provide high level administrative, secretarial and corporate systems support to the business unit, and manage a stream of competing tasks and priorities in order to meet service deadlines.
Reporting to Team Coordinator - Business Support, this position will be responsible for the preparation and management of day to day correspondence, emails, service requests and telephone enquiries relating to the assessment of development applications, building certificates, copy of plans applications, outstanding notices and orders and progress inspections.
Scheduling meetings, preparing agendas and briefing notes will be part of your workload, as will be providing administrative support by answering overflow enquiries and entering the enquiries into the customer enquiry register. As a person with high level IT ability, you will provide support to the business unit in the use of corporate applications.
Courteous and efficient, your role will also be to promote the business unit as a professional provider of high-quality information and community service.
To be successful in this job you will have:
- Employee of CN
- Certificate III or above business-related qualifications and/or relevant experience.
- Good understanding of development and construction processes, regulatory investigations, and a working knowledge of relevant NSW legislative and policy requirements for Local Government.
- Highly developed computer literacy including Microsoft Office, electronic document management systems, corporate applications and data entry (ECM).
- In a fast-paced environment, demonstrate high level organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, and to contribute to team effectiveness and development.
- Proven ability to provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including sound negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Willingness to participate in organisational change strategies, service delivery and policy reform.
- Ability to organise meetings including preparation of agendas and take minutes where required.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team within a multi-disciplined environment and, when required, to work unsupervised.
- Understanding and commitment to EEO / WH&S.
- Experience in the delivery of E-services at Local or/or State Government level.
- Proficiency in the use of corporate applications and data entry (ECM)
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Class C Driver’s License.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
To view the full position description please click here
Application Closing Date: Monday, 17th June 2019
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
CN proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
Remuneration: Circa $63,334 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35 hour week.
For further details please contact: Michelle Bisson, Manager Regulatory, Planning and Assessment, 4974 2793