Waste and Landfill Site Coordinator
- Do you have plant operations/haul road experience within the waste management, landfill, civil construction, mining, tunnelling or quarrying industry?
- Have you supervised and/or co-ordinated the haulage of materials across a greenfields or brownfields setting?
- Are you committed to working staggered, non-standard work shifts over a 7 day roster?
- Do you have a strong safety focus towards zero-harm?
- Permanent full-time 38 hours per week
City of Newcastle (CN) has an opportunity for an experienced Waste and Landfill Site Co-ordinator to join our team at the state-of-the-art Summerhill Waste Management Facility. This position provides support and assistance to the Site Operations Manager, and supervises operations to ensure the safe, effective and efficient operation across the site.
As an experienced plant operator, you will understand the principles and practices related to WHS and the handling of waste according to legislation, and you will be able to read and interpret standards, documents and civil engineering plans in a materials movement setting.
Co-ordinating operational resources, including employee and contract labour, plant and equipment will be normal for you, as will be allocating and utilising land and void spaces in order to achieve optimal waste management and bulk resource recovery.
Come join an organisation with endless opportunities, where people choose to work because they are inspired by the chance to shape, influence and grow a community. Be part of something great by joining an evolving, rapidly growing, adaptive and innovative organisation.
To be successful in this job you will have:
- Demonstrated previous experience in the coordination and supervision of labour, plant and materials to achieve optimum outcomes in a waste management, landfill or similar environment.
- Proven ability to interpret and apply standards, related documents and civil engineering plans including but not limited to landfill design profiles, excavations and fill plans.
- Commitment to working staggered, non-standard work shifts over 7 days a week
- Demonstrated high level knowledge and the delivery of principles and practices related to Workplace Health & Safety and Waste Management and/or Mining legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicting workplace activities and/or points of view and manage variable workloads that often have peak demands.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Class C Drivers Licence
- NSW Construction Industry Induction (White Card)
- Sound computer skills including data entry and retrieval in Microsoft format
- Working knowledge and experience in landfill operations.
- HR Class Drivers Licence
- Current and in date Resource & Infrastructure Industry competencies for Excavator, Front End Loader, Bulldozer and Dump Truck issued by an RTO (Registered Training Organisation) as per below:
- RIIMPO323A or D - Conduct Civil construction dozer operations, RIIMPO321B or D - Conduct Civil construction wheeled front end loader operations, RIIMPO320B or D - Conduct Civil construction excavator operations, RIIMRIIMPO337D - Conduct Articulated Haul Truck Operations
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- A relevant qualification in WHS coupled with working experience
- Exposure to and understanding of GPS machine guidance and 3D landform modelling and software.
- Experience in managing culture and behaviour change within challenging environments.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here
Application Closing Date: Sunday 30th June, 2019
Remuneration: Circa $79,629.69 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 38-hour week.
For further details please contact: Brad Wood, Site Operations Manager - 4974 6616