- 2 x Permanent Full-Time, 35 hours per week
- 1 x Fixed Term Six Month Contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced and enthusiastic planners to join City of Newcastle’s Urban Planning Team.
To be successful in this role you will bring experience and demonstrated competence in the preparation of land use and planning policies and strategies, including planning instruments. You will possess good communication skills as well as the ability to research and analyse urban planning policy.
In this role you will rely on your strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to a variety of people to organise and participate in community engagement processes with a focus on achieving positive community outcomes and partnerships.
At City of Newcastle (CN) our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
To be successful in this job you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in urban planning or a relevant discipline and experience in land use planning.
- Experience and demonstrated competence in the preparation of land use and planning policies and strategies, including planning instruments.
- Experience in applying the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
- Ability to self-motivate and work as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the production of clear concise reports and ability to contribute to meetings and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Sound research and analytical skills relating to urban policy and planning.
- Ability to organise and participate in community engagement processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a variety of people.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, organise tasks and meet deadlines.
- An ability to work outside regular office hours and possession of a current Class C Driver’s Licence.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: 22 September 2019.
Remuneration: $86,347 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35 hour week.
Contact: Patricia McCarthy, Urban Planning Team Coordinator, 02 4974 2879.