Administration Assistant - Accounts Payable
- Join a dedicated and efficient team focused on providing exceptional customer service.
- Utilise and build upon your Accounts Payable experience to ensure creditors are paid in a timely manner.
- Permanent, part-time role – 18 hours per week with flexible work options available.
Located 160km north of Sydney, Newcastle is New South Wales’ second largest city, and offers the perfect lifestyle and career environment.
Our City is thriving and rapidly transforming. In recent years Newcastle has experienced a significant increase in development activity, with the 2017-18 Financial Year seeing building approvals top $1.2 billion.
Our City Change project involves moving our employees from our Office in the Civic precinct to 12 Stewart Avenue, Newcastle West in October 2019. This creates a great opportunity to align staff with our organisational vision, values and strategic directions, and leverage the great work the organisation is undertaking which supports cultural improvement.
City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking a dedicated and experienced Administration Assistant – Accounts Payable to ensure creditors’ payments are paid in an accurate and timely manner, satisfying organisational KPIs and adhering to CN policy and procedures as well as relevant legislation.
In this permanent, part-time position you will report to the Purchasing & Accounts Payable Team Leader, and work as part of an effective, customer-focused team, taking a professional approach in the resolution of AP queries from both internal and external customers.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
To be successful in this job you will have:
- High level communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in computerised Accounts Payable System.
- Well‐developed time management and organisational skills.
- Ability and desire to meet deadlines and achieve performance targets.
- Demonstrated experience and solid understanding of Accounts Payable administration.
- Understanding of current tax laws, including regulations in relation to the GST.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and to work under pressure.
- Understanding of workplace and WH&S requirements.
- Knowledge in the One Council Financial system.
- Understanding of Local Government regulations and structures, work practices and operational activities.
- Current Class C Driver’s License.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: 22 September 2019.
Remuneration: $32,226 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for an 18-hour week.
Contact: Michelle Barnett, Purchasing & Accounts Payable Team Leader, 02 4974 6131.