Business Support Officer
- Opportunity to build upon your exceptional administrative and customer service skills.
- Permanent full-time role – 35 hours per week.
- Flexible working with optional 9-day fortnight.
Located 160km north of Sydney, Newcastle is New South Wales’ second largest city, and offers the perfect lifestyle and career environment.
Our City is thriving and rapidly transforming. In recent years Newcastle has experienced a significant increase in development activity, with the 2017-18 Financial Year seeing building approvals top $1.2 billion.
Our City Change project involves moving our employees from our Office in the Civic precinct to 12 Stewart Avenue, Newcastle West in October 2019. This creates a great opportunity to align staff with our organisational vision, values and strategic directions, and leverage the great work the organisation is undertaking which supports cultural improvement.
City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic Business Support Officer to provide high level administrative, secretarial and corporate systems support to the Regulatory, Planning & Assessment Service Unit.
In this role you will prepare and manage day to day correspondence, emails, service requests and telephone enquiries in relation to the assessment of development applications, planning proposals, building certificates, outstanding notices and orders as well as participate in organisational change strategies.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
To be successful in this job you will have:
- Relevant qualifications in the provision of administrative support or equivalent relevant experience.
- Good understanding of development and construction processes, including a working knowledge of relevant NSW legislative and policy requirements for Local Government.
- Highly developed computer literacy including Microsoft Office computing skills and the use of electronic document management systems and corporate applications.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, and to contribute to team effectiveness and development.
- Proven ability to provide a high level of customer service to internal / external customers.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to participate in organisational change strategies, service delivery and policy reform.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organise meetings including preparation of agendas and take minutes where required.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team within a multi-disciplined environment and when required to work unsupervised.
- Experience in the delivery of E-services at Local or/or State Government level.
- Proficiency in the use of corporate applications and data entry (ECM).
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: 20 October 2019.
Remuneration: $64,918 to $70,761 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35-hour week.
Contact: Michelle Bisson – Manager Regulatory, Planning and Assessment – 02 4974 2793.