Senior Business Support Officer
- Opportunity to build upon your exceptional customer service skills.
- Operate as a senior member of the team.
- Permanent full-time role – 35 hours per week.
- Flexible working with optional 9-day fortnight.
Located 160 km north of Sydney, Newcastle is New South Wales’ second largest city, and offers the perfect lifestyle and career environment.
Our City is thriving and rapidly transforming. In recent years Newcastle has experienced a significant increase in development activity, with the 2017-18 Financial Year seeing building approvals top $1.2 billion.
Our City Change project involves moving our employees from our Office in the Civic precinct to 12 Stewart Avenue, Newcastle West in October 2019. This creates a great opportunity to align staff with our organisational vision, values and strategic directions, and leverage the great work the organisation is undertaking which supports cultural improvement.
City of Newcastle (CN) is looking for professional and customer service- focussed Senior Business Support Officer to enhance customer experience and create organisational value from the relationships we have with our customers.
This role will lead and assist in the delivery of high quality administrative and customer service with a variety of enquiries within the Regulatory, Planning and Assessment Service Unit. You will promote the RPA Service Unit as a professional provider of high-quality information and services to the community.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
To be successful in this job you will need;
- Relevant qualifications in the provision of administrative support or equivalent relevant experience.
- Highly developed computer literacy including Microsoft Office computing skills and the use of electronic document management systems.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks to meet conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Proven ability to provide a high level of customer service to internal/external customers.
- Proven ability to exercise initiative and judgement to contribute to team effectiveness and development.
- Willingness to lead and participate in organisational change strategies, service delivery and policy reform.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to prepare agendas and take minutes when required.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to understand and assist with the production of Team I Unit Reports, Statistics and Reports to CN.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised when required and cooperatively in a team within a multi-disciplined environment.
- Experience in a team leadership role.
- Proficiency in the use of CN's corporate systems, Tech One suite of software programs, ECM, One Map, Sims and Bluebeam.
- Knowledge of CN's corporate application process.
- Current C Class drivers’ licence.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: 20 October 2019.
Remuneration: $67,404 - $73,471 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35-hour week.
Contact: Michelle Bisson, Manager Regulatory Planning & Assessment, 02 4974 2793.