- Build upon your contract administration experience supporting our Program and Project Services team.
- Permanent, full-time role – 35 hours per week.
- Flexible work arrangements available, including flexitime and a 9-day fortnight.
Thriving and rapidly transforming, Newcastle is New South Wales’ second largest city and is located 160km north of Sydney. It offers the perfect lifestyle and career environment.
City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking an experienced Contracts Officer to coordinate, maintain and manage contract administration and program support for the Program and Project Services team, within our Assets & Projects service unit.
As the successful candidate you’ll assist in the procurement of goods and services, including the preparation of tender documentation and arranging for estimates and quotes. You’ll also monitor and review the contracts variation register, project documentation, and procurement practices to ensure adherence to CN policies and procedures.
Additionally, you’ll liaise with the Legal Services Contracts Management team to seek probity advice and guidance for the effective delivery of contracts, will monitor and reconcile program expenses and invoices, and will contribute to a team environment that encourages safety, innovation, and continuous improvement.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
To be successful in this job you will have:
- Certificate III in Business Administration (or equivalent qualification), and / or extensive contract administration experience in an Engineering or Project Management environment.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in preparing and administering contract documentation.
- Experience assisting with reporting documentation for end of month and quarterly budget reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines on a daily basis, as well as a willingness to prioritise immediately urgent tasks and apply a high level of contingency skills.
- Knowledge of finance recording and invoicing procedures.
- Developed interpersonal, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team, and to contribute to team effectiveness and development.
- Class C Driver's Licence.
- Experience and knowledge of local government policies, procedures, operations and systems.
- Experience and knowledge of project delivery phases, from inception to completion.
- Experience in the administration of AS4000 contracts.
- Working knowledge of tendering regulations of Local Government Act (1993).
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: Tuesday, 25 February 2020.
Remuneration: Salary range dependent on skills, qualifications, and experience of $72,562.53 - $84,141.66 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35-hour week.
Contact: Paul Elliott – Program & Project Services Manager – 02 4974 2148.
Please note, it is essential you upload a copy of your current resume/CV with your application. You may also upload certified copies of relevant qualifications. If these are not submitted, they will be requested at interview stage, along with ID and Proof of Right to Work in Australia.