- Great opportunity to build upon your proven planning/scheduling experience.
- 12-month fixed term contract– 35 hours per week.
- Flexible work arrangements available, including flexitime and a 9-day fortnight.
Thriving and rapidly transforming, Newcastle is New South Wales’ second largest city and is located 160km north of Sydney. It offers the perfect lifestyle and career environment.
City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking a Planner/Scheduler to manage the development, implementation, coordination and maintenance of a comprehensive maintenance and servicing plan for CN’s vehicle fleet and equipment.
Based at our Works Depot and utilising your proven experience in a similar role, you’ll be responsible for the development and implementation of a plan to achieve maintenance and repair objectives, including preventive maintenance, scheduled servicing, cleaning, overhaul and major repair, new vehicle fleet commissioning, rebuilds, special modifications, warranty servicing and repair, recalls, and special projects.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and well-being programs.
To be successful in this job you will have:
- Certificate III in a Mechanical Trade or recent, extensive relevant experience.
- Considerable knowledge of all aspects of workshop maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Good communication skills with experience liaising with varying levels of staff and customers to achieve effective planning and program delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritise demands.
- Experience using maintenance scheduling / planning, office automation and data analysis tools.
- Intermediate computer skills including experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Heavy vehicle diverse fleet planning and scheduling experience.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 26 January 2020.
Remuneration: $81,620.43 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35-hour week.
Contact: Manager, Depot Operations – 02 4974 6010.