Asset Project Officer – Support Services
- Help manage Newcastle’s public assets, valued at $1.7 billion.
- Balance life at work and at home - excellent professional development opportunities and corporate fitness and wellbeing programs available.
- Permanent full-time role – 35 hours per week.
- Flexible work arrangements available, including flexitime and a 9-day fortnight.
Thriving and rapidly transforming, Newcastle is New South Wales’ second largest city and is located 160km north of Sydney. It offers the perfect lifestyle and career environment.
City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking an Asset Project Officer to support our Assets & Projects service unit, managing Newcastle’s public assets, valued at $1.7 billion. Working within our Support Services team, you’ll provide professional advice and information on matters relating to CN’s retaining walls, structure and bridge assets, as well as asset systems.
As the successful candidate you’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining asset management systems, ensuring we’re meeting our statutory and corporate requirements. You’ll assist in the development and implementation of capital works and maintenance programs for CN’s assets, as well as the development and implementation of policies, plans, technical drawings and strategies.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing specialist technical expertise and professional advice to internal and external customers regarding CN’s assets, and investigating and resolving requests relating to such assets.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
To be successful in this job you will have:
- Diploma in Civil, Environmental or Structural Engineering, or equivalent qualification.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in an asset class such as drainage, roads, footpaths, structures and environmental assets.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of information management systems including Microsoft Office, Document Management Systems, Asset Management, GIS and Financial computer systems.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, based on a sound understanding of risk management principles.
- Demonstrated negotiation, customer service and teamwork skills with the ability to build effective working relationships across City of Newcastle and with external service providers as required.
- A high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of WHS practices and documentation as they would apply to this role.
- Class C Drivers Licence and White Card.
- Understanding the principles of Total Asset Management.
- Local government experience in a similar role.
- Skills and competencies in engineering design.
- Demonstrated experience in application of risk management principles for the management of assets.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 22 March 2020. Please note, previous applicants need not apply.
Remuneration: Salary range dependent on skills, qualifications, and experience of $61,022.88 - $88,966.27 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35-hour week.
Contact: Peter McMurray – Asset Services Manager– 02 4974 2613.