Digital Content Specialist (Internal ONLY)
- Opportunity to join a forward thinking and dynamic team
- Plan and deliver creative and engaging content for multiple communication channels.
- Permanent Full-time - 35 hours per week.
- Flexible working with optional 9-day fortnight.
City of Newcastle (CN) is looking for an experienced and creative Digital Content Specialist to manage the implementation of digital assets in line with CN’s communications strategies across a variety of projects and services.
Reporting to the Media and Stakeholder Relations Manager you will drive constant improvement mechanisms that will lead to effective online communication channels.
You will identify, report and rectify emerging or at-risk issues related to any live content through the development and implementation of management strategies.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and well-being programs.
To be successful in this job you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Digital Media, Marketing or a related qualification, and/or demonstrated capability through past employment experience.
- Demonstrated advanced level experience in managing content for internal and external facing websites and platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of web content management systems such as Farcry, MySource Matrix, Kentico or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in optimising online communications channels to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Content production experience including software such as Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro.
- Project management skills including the ability to develop concept and implementation strategies, edit and develop other’s work to achieve high quality outcomes to deliver agreed results.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills including the ability to write plain English content for a range of communication tools.
- Ability to liaise, negotiate and effectively deliver to content deadlines by prioritising competing activities and deadlines.
- Be willing and able to work in a dynamic and fluid environment with the flexibility to work outside regular business hours during the evening and on weekends.
- Current C Class drivers’ licence.
- Design and editing skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated experience and high-level practical skills in identifying, developing and implementing relevant web technologies, policies and standards within a corporate environment.
- Advanced level experience in HTML, web page content and design, information design and layout principles.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Upon applying, we highly encourage you to add email@example.com to your email contact list in order to ensure you receive communication from us regarding this application.
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 31 May 2020.
Remuneration: $92,321 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35 hour week.
Contact: Nick Kaiser, Media and Stakeholder Relations Manager, 0411485204.