Expressions of Interest - Community Support Workers
- Permanent and casual positions available
- Flexibility and work/life balance
- Competitive remuneration plus salary packaging benefits
Cara is proud to be a leading South Australian disability service provider. We have more than 1,000 staff, known as our Possible People, who work alongside more than 750 customers in Supported Independent Living (SIL), Short Term Accommodation, Home & Community Support and Specialist Services.
Cara is committed to working alongside children and adults with disability to grow as individuals and live a life rich in opportunities.
About the role
- Flexibility to work over a 7 day, 24 hour roster period including mornings, evenings, weekends and sleepovers
- Positions currently available across the Adelaide metropolitan region covering all areas, Southern, Western, Northern and North Eastern
- Providing care to our customers including children and adults both in accommodation and respite services, in a supportive and safe environment
- Experience in high and complex behaviours as well as manual handling is desirable
- Promoting the dignity and positive image of customers within the community
- Facilitating customer communication and enhancing their choice and decision making processes
- Assisting customers in all aspects of personal care
- Providing community inclusion and networking opportunities for customer and supporting customer’s leisure activities
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of person centred thinking practice
- Good level of IT skills
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) or equivalent
- Current SA Driver’s Licence
- Current DHS/DCSI Disability Employment and Child Related Employment Screening / Working with Children Check (or willing to obtain)
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003)
- Supportive work environment, strong focus on offering flexibility where possible
- Career opportunities in a growing organisation focussing on our people
- Rewarding, friendly work environment
- On the job paid training
How do I apply?
To submit an application, click APPLY now including a Resume and Cover letter.
To view the Position Description please click here
You can follow us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/2880209/life/
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For any enquiries contact the Cara Recruitment Team on (08) 8347 4588.
The closing date for this role is Tuesday, 31 March 2020.