Team Leader - Getaways
- A unique Getaways program for adults living with disability
- Permanent full-time role
- Competitive remuneration and salary packaging
Cara is proud to be a leading South Australian disability service provider. We have more than 1,000 staff, known as our Possible People, who work alongside more than 750 customers in Supported Independent Living (SIL), Short Term Accommodation, Home & Community Support and Specialist Services.
Cara is committed to working alongside children and adults with disability to grow as individuals and live a life rich in opportunities.
Your new role
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Team Leader for our Getaways program.
Cara’s Getaways team provides people aged 18-40 living with disability the opportunity to enjoy a weekend break at various locations across South Australia. Activities on a Getaways program include BBQ’s, museums, movies, wineries, galleries, watching live sporting events, swimming and plenty of outdoor activities.
Getaways is held almost every weekend, as well as occasional extended 5-day, 4-night trips. The Team Leader must be available and willing to work weekends away from home (including overnight) from Friday to Sunday, as well as one day per week administration time at our Hindmarsh office. Interstate travel is required at least once per year.
As the Team Leader you will provide a fun and safe environment for people with a disability to enjoy a short holiday away from home. You will work using a person-centred approach, with strong leadership and people management skills.
You will be responsible for managing a team of community support workers, the rostering of your team, and the general day to day administrative needs of the service, along with a hands-on role with the people we support.
Your role responsibilities will also include developing a varied and creative activity program co-designed with our customers; sourcing and booking venues and accommodation; all associated resourcing and logistics as well as liaison with customers, families and external agencies.
Skills & Experience
- Managing a team of community support workers
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Previous experience in running a day activity or camps program
- Sound understanding of person-centred philosophy and practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level organisational and interpersonal skills
- Values driven with a passion for disability and person-centred approach ensuring our customers attain their goals
- Sound knowledge of the NDIS
- Trained and competency assessed in high health support, positive behaviour support, active support and medication administration
- Physical fitness (for manual handling and participation in physical activities with our customers e.g. swimming)
- Your commitment to working weekends and some weekdays is essential to this position
- Current DHS/DCSI Disability Employment and Child Related Employment Clearance / Working with Children Check (or willingness to obtain)
- Certificate IV in Individual Support or equivalent
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003)
- Current South Australian Driver’s Licence
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
- Certificate IV in Business/Frontline Management or equivalent
What We Offer
- Competitive remuneration package including salary sacrifice benefits
- Rewarding friendly work environment
- On the job paid training
- Great career opportunities in a growing organisation
- Access to Smart technology including laptop
How do I apply?
To submit your application click APPLY providing your resume and Cover Letter
To view the Position Description please click HERE
Follow us at LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/2880209/life/
For any enquiries contact the Cara Recruitment Team on (08) 8347 4588
The closing date for this role 5:00pm COB Friday, 29 May 2020
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted