Lifeguard/Swimming Pool Attendant - Casual
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
The casual Lifeguard/Pool Attendant positions within Dubbo Regional Council provides an exciting opportunity to undertake lifeguard duties at the Aquatic Leisure Centres in Dubbo, Wellington and Geurie Swimming Pool. The role is responsible for assisting with the supervision of all activities within the pool complex, cleaning and maintaining the Aquatic Centres as well as daily operation of reception and café duties ensuring food and beverages are of a high standard.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to:
- Undertake general lifeguard duties including pool safety for patrons
- Assist in the day to day operation of the Aquatic Leisure Centres reception and cafes
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons
- Contribute to a dynamic team.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Sound knowledge of pool supervision, water safety, water education, first aid, resuscitation and rescue techniques and public safety requirements
- Working with Children Check
- Current RLSSA Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Willingness to work Monday to Sunday at Dubbo, Wellington and Geurie.
As a casual Lifeguard/Pool Attendant you will enjoy working with a diverse range of patrons. You will ensure high standards of safety and customer service. You will encourage a fun leisure experience for all patrons who visit the Aquatic Leisure Centres and Geurie Pool.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria. This position requires a pre-employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $25.90-$30.10 per hour plus superannuation plus 25% loading in lieu of all leave and severance pay. Casual loading is not payable on overtime. Junior employees will be paid as per the Award.
Closing Date: 9:00am Monday 10 August 2020
Enquiries: Aquatic Leisure Centres Manager - 02 6801 4491
How to Apply:
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)