Project Supervisor - Melbourne
- Fast paced role supervising multiple Civil Defence projects
- Join one of Australia's fastest growing privately owned companies
- Attractive remuneration on offer
Duratec Australia is a multi-disciplined builder and maintenance contractor and regarded as one of Australia's fastest growing privately owned companies with over 10 branches across Australia.
Our highly experienced Defence Division is dedicated to the delivery of capital facilities infrastructure and estate works program projects. Due to an increasing portfolio of awarded contracts, we are currently seeking an experienced Project Supervisor to operate on site and at our operations in Melbourne, Victoria.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Project Manager, we are looking for an experienced supervisor who is proactive and driven with strong leadership skills. You will primarily be responsible for supervising and delivering a diverse range of packages of work for our defence operations. A strong defence background, although not essential, will be highly regarded. Critical functions of the role include:
- Supervision of multiple defence building projects from initial set up to completion
- Ensuring compliance with HSECQ requirements
- Contribution and execution of Construction Methodologies and Method of Works plan
- Implementation of relevant SWMS, Permits, Isolations and Controls to ensure the safety of the team
- Quality and workmanship assurance in accordance with quality management processes and documentation
- Manage and capture workforce hours and productivity
- Stock Control, procurement and inventory for the direct works on site.
- Coordinating direct labour and subcontractors
- Project progress reporting to the Project Management
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role - Defence experience highly regarded
- Trade background and demonstrated experience in Supervision of construction and remediation projects
- Frontline management experience would be advantageous
- Previous experience supervising a portfolio of smaller projects and site based resources
- Team player with solid negotiation and influencing skills
- Be in possession of, or willing to obtain a current police clearance (12 month expiry)
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to develop employees and build strong successful teams
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced and dedicated professional to make their mark whilst working for a positive and cohesive organisation with a strong reputation. If you are looking for a challenging position with genuine development and progression opportunities then we want to hear from you.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer, negotiable with skills and experience.
You would be joining an existing successful and growing business where the foundations for growth and support required to build have already been established.
The role is supported by an established project base along with a strong pipeline of new works.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company then we want to hear from you. To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form.
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.