Project Engineer - Melbourne
Duratec Australia is a multi-disciplined builder and maintenance contractor and regarded as one of Australia's fastest growing privately owned companies with over 11 branches across Australia servicing the mining, oil and gas, industrial and marine industries along with government assets and commercial infrastructure including heritage buildings. Our highly experienced Defence division is dedicated to the delivery of capital facilities infrastructure and estate works program projects across Australia nationally.
Due to an ever growing portfolio of awarded contracts within the commercial, industrial and defence sectors, we are currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join our growing VIC Project Team based in Melbourne. The immediate role will involve site based works in Melbourne and the role will involve ongoing site based projects around the VIC region. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible for assisting the project team in all day to day operations and running of the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing multiple projects across multiple disciplines
- Controlling and managing all aspects of the projects
- Project managing from initial site setup to completion
- Ensuring compliance with HSECQ requirements
- Ensuring effective cost control and efficient running of projects
- Coordinating direct labour and subcontractors
- Project progress reporting and conducting weekly meetings
- Provision of advice on any technical and engineering issues
- Liaise closely with the client ensuring project runs to program
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum of 2-4 years' experience in a similar role within the building and construction industry with specific Defence experience preferred
- Previous experience in infrastructure projects
- Excellent programming and planning skills
- Be highly articulate with strong leadership and communication skills
- Extensive project management and delivery skills, including budgeting, coordinating work priorities, cost control, stakeholder management, subcontractor management, documentation, statutory approvals, and leading project teams.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and MS Project
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We are currently undergoing a period of rapid growth and are seeking motivated, highly organised individuals with strong interpersonal skills to join our project delivery and support teams. Our fast paced and supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of employee benefits including competitive rates and the ongoing opportunity for career progression.
- Career Development
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Work-Life Balance
- Mentoring by Industry leaders
- Rewarding and Supportive Culture
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company then we want to hear from you!! To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**