A newly created role exists within the Safety team for an experienced and motivated Safety Advisor to join the team at our Laverton North (West Melbourne) site.
Emergent Cold has established its initial presence in Australia and Asia through the acquisition of Swire Cold Storage Australia and Vietnam in December 2017. Emergent Cold is led by an experienced US based executive team with the Australasian head-quarters based in Melbourne.
You will report to the General Manager - Safety & Environment (Asia Pacific) and will be the safety expert for our Melbourne sites. Your responsibilities will include partnering with our operational Leaders to support our “Zero Harm” safety culture by developing and implementing site specific safety programmes and initiatives.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build strong relationships to actively reinforce and promote best practice in safety
- Develop safety functioning skills within the site leadership team and broader work group
- Monitor all safety incidents and work with the site Leaders to ensure that corrective actions are closed out
- Coordinate and undertake risk assessments and workplace inspections
- Lead, participate or otherwise support incident investigations up to and including ICAM investigations
- Conduct internal audits including audits of external contractors
- Manage all workers compensation claims, injury management and return to work
- Develop and document procedures, safe work method statements and job safety analysis
- Provide support and guidance to HSRs and the local safety committees
- Assist in the implementation of strategies to ensure continuous improvement in COR compliance
- Develop site specific training materials, toolbox talks and safety alerts
Skills and experience include:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Safety Advisor / Coordinator role
- Formal vocational or tertiary qualifications in workplace health and safety or similar
- Workplace training qualifications is desirable
- Strong knowledge of the workplace, health and safety legislation, with the ability to interpret relevant legislation
- Experience in conducting operational risk assessments
- Experience in managing workers compensation, injury management and return to work
- Experience with conducting internal audits
- Experience in partnering with operational Leaders to drive and maintain a strong safety culture
- Be a personable individual with the ability to build strong working relationships across all levels
We are a growing business that is focused on realising its vision through integrating acquisitions and new development in emerging and developed markets.
If you would like to be part of the team, please send your resume and cover letter to Maria Lam, HR Business Partner.
We respectfully request no agency submissions.