Supervisor - Convenience & QSR
Emergent Cold has recently been acquired by Lineage Logistics. Lineage is the world's leading temperature controlled logistics company. Working at Lineage is not just a job – it’s an opportunity to innovate and put your mark on how food moves from the farm to dinner tables around the world. As a member of the Lineage Logistics team, you are a critical link in the food supply chain.
In the Asia Pacific region, we have operations in Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam and Sri Lanka. We have approximately 1800 employees and 42 sites across the region.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Operations Supervisor to join the Lineage Logistics team, reporting to the Operations Manager. This role is based in Hemmant, QLD and will be during afternoon shift. Working days are Thursday to Sunday (4 day working week, 9.5 hours per day) with some flexibility where required.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with the current Supervisor to lead the entire pick/pack operation including ambient, chiller and freezer
- Determine daily and weekly labour, managing requirements around activity peaks and troughs
- Review daily and weekly performance against weekly plans and take correction action for variance as appropriate
- Ensure all instances of service failure or loss of or damage of goods are investigated, and action is implemented to remedy
- Assist with customer complaints in consultation with the Customer Engagement Manager
- Ensure team meetings and toolbox talks are conducted regularly
- Determine opportunities to improve operational performance and effectiveness by involving staff in identifying, discussing and trialling new approaches with a customer focus (e.g. pick rates)
- Have the difficult discussions with team members when required
- Have a good understanding of the local Enterprise Agreement
- Be safety focused – zero harm approach and participate in safety activities
- Be visible, spend majority of time within the warehouse, actively engaging team members
To be successful, you will have:
- 3 - 5 years plus experience leading an operations team (team size of 25 plus)
- Experience in a similar role in a retail or similar high volume DC
- Experience with labour management, determining manpower and equipment to meet workloads
- Experience dealing directly with customers
- Basic understanding of the relationships between labour cost, productivity and profitability
- Good understanding of KPIs using them to monitor, improve and manage the operation
- Good computer / IT skills (WMS, TMS, Microsoft Office including Excel)
- Strong time management, problem solving, customer service skills
- Be a self-starter, take initiative and have the willingness to learn and develop themselves
What we offer in return:
- A constructive culture – focused on achievements, self-actualising, humanistic encouraging and being affiliative
- Safety recognition programme, annual flu vaccinations, onsite Physiotherapist
- Corporate fleet programmes with major car dealers including novated leasing
If you would like to join us, please complete the application form to submit your CV. We would love to hear from you!
We respectfully request no agency submissions.