Emergent Cold has established its initial presence in Australia and Asia through the acquisition of Swire Cold Storage Australia and Vietnam in December 2017. Emergent Cold is led by an experienced US based executive team with the Australasian head-quarters based in Melbourne.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Coordinator to join our team, based at Laverton North. Reporting to the Engineering Manager - VIC, you will team up with the Maintenance team and be responsible for managing/supervising contractors, administer maintenance work through our system and coordinate external trades to ensure that maintenance requirements are fulfilled.
Your key responsibilities will be (but are not limited to):
- Ensure suitable supervision is maintained while contractors are engaged, and that the supervision is suitable to the task being conducted
- Manage preventative maintenance scheduling and documentation using the MEX software system
- Ensure systems, building and equipment are serviced and repaired to relevant standards and regulations required by law and the Company
- Maintain operational equipment including all manual handling, racking, docks, refrigeration plant temperature monitoring and logs, buildings and grounds
- Communicate all activities on site to internal stakeholders as required
- Identify, assess and control risks to the health and safety of employees, contractors and visitors
- Ensure all documentation is stored in and kept up to date (induction, insurance, relevant permits etc.)
To be successful in this role, you will preferably have the following:
- 3 years plus experience in a similar facilities coordination/supervision role
- A trade background is beneficial to assist with identifying mechanical/electrical/refrigeration faults
- Experience with using a computerised maintenance management system (e.g. MEX)
- Basic administration skills with good computer literacy skills (Email, Excel and Word)
- A current driver’s licence
- Good communication, rapport building and problem-solving skills
- A flexible, adaptable and willingness to learn approach
If you would like to be part of the team, please send your resume and cover letter to Maria Lam, HR Business Partner.