EOI NSW - Casual Children and Youth Support Services Workers
Northern NSW (Grafton), Sydney and Newcastle Regions
EOI - EXPRESSION OF INTEREST APPLICATION
CASUAL CHILDREN AND YOUTH SUPPORT (NSW)
* Application located at the bottom of the page *
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Gold Employer for 2017
- Provide therapeutic support to vulnerable children and young people in Foster Care
- Excellent Rates and Allowances
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality and innovative support to families by way of direct therapeutic support to children and young people, known to Child Protection, with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
About the role
Children and Youth Support Workers are responsible for supporting our young people placed in family based Out of Home Care (OOHC). This work is varied and may include planning and supporting activities, individual and or group work, transportation and may include supervising family contact.
To be successful in this role you will have empathy and an enormous passion to making a positive and lasting difference to our children and young peoples lives.
CYPSS Workers are responsible for supporting foster carers and the young people placed with them through the provision of direct work and support with children and young people, as and when required.
We look for the following attributes :
- Available during weekdays, afternoons and early evenings and weekends
- Have experience in dealing with children and Young people with 'complex needs' and or who have suffered from trauma
- Have prior experience in working with children and young people of all ages 0 - 18
- Full, clean open Australian drivers license and access to a fully registered/ insured vehicle is also an essential requirement
- Must have a valid WWCC (Working With Children Check) for NSW
- Support/Supervise our children and youth (aged 0 – 17yrs) on an individual or group basis
- Provide transport and/or escort our children and young people where necessary and appropriate (i.e. Birth Family/Sibling visits, after school activities and other general activities)
- Provide up to date and concise recordings (for example: family contact visit reports and child progress reports)
- Participate in support plans for children and young people for promoting life skills, engaging in pro-social activities and addressing behavioural needs
- Assist with holiday programs, camps and special events for our Children and Youth
The successful candidate will:
- Be energetic and enthusiastic, have a passion for working with children and young people while having the patience of a saint
- Have compassion and show genuine empathy for others
- Be values focused and committed to providing quality support to our children and young people
- Be experienced in support work – preferably in youth or community support work, Childcare or family support
- Experience in working with children and young people who have 'complex' behaviours of concern would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of child abuse and trauma related behaviours
- Be able to work under supervision as well as be a self-starter, able to take initiative and also work as a team
- Be well organised and an excellent communicator
- Be confident and able to deal with difficult situations
- Have a strong commitment to the well-being of children and young people and their foster families
- Knowledge in or have worked with children in the out of home care setting
- MUST possess a full/open, clean Australian Driver's license and have access to a full registered/ insured vehicle is an essential requirement (as you will be required to use your own vehicle, km's reimbursed)
- Be prepared to undergo and satisfactorily pass a National Police Check and other relevant statutory checks
A Certificate III or IV in Community Services, Youth Work or similar would be an advantage
For a further discussion/information on the role please call Tina on (02) 8336 5700
Position Description - Casual CYP Support Services Worker
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
** DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS **
EOI's: This is an expression of interest application only. Expressions of Interest are monitored on a regular basis for talent pooling purposes. EOI information is stored in a secure repository for a given period of time. Should a vacancy become available that meets with your skills, experience and qualification then a member of our team will contact you for a further discussion.
Please note – Due to volumes, EOI applications may not receive a reply if unsuccessful. Contact will be made by our team should your application meet with our criteria and should we have positions available.
CLOSURE DATE: The above EOI closing date is not applicable, this is an internal review date for office use only. EOI's will remain open until directed by senior management.
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at application stage. There may also be times when feedback is not provided, due to volumes of posts advertised. Key Assets apologies in advanced.
ELIGIBILTY (for AUS and or NZ Vacancies): To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian/ New Zealand Citizen /Resident residing within the country of the advertised position at the time of application. For overseas applicants you will hold an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa with no restrictions on working within the country. It is preferred that you be in the country at the time of application to be available for our interview process however for suitably experienced and qualified applicants interview alternatives may be arranged.
HOURS: 'Casual' - Hours are needs based. Hours are also not consistent / regular
COMMENCEMENT: Occurs when all statutory and personal checks have been satisfactorily completed. Departmental checks may take up to 28 days to process which can cause delays.