EOI NSW - Casual Children and Youth Support Services Workers
Northern NSW (Grafton), Sydney and Newcastle Regions
Express your Interest here to become a Casual Children and Youth Support Services Workers
with Key Assets The Children's Services Provider NSW Regions
Careers That Make a Difference!
Key Assets – The Children’s Services Provider (New South Wales) is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality,
innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with 'complex needs'.
Key Assets is part of the Core Assets Group which operates in 13 countries and provides a range of child and family social services.
CHILDREN AND YOUTH SUPPORT WORKERS - CASUAL HOURS (Work is needs based, hours will vary and not regular)
Expressions of Interest (EOI) are welcomed for Casual Children and Young People Support Services Workers (CYPSS)
for the Northern NSW areas of Grafton, Newcastle and Sydney regions.
CYPSS Workers are responsible for supporting foster carers and the young people placed with them through the provision of direct work and support with children and young people, as and when required.
We look for the following attributes :
- Available during weekdays, afternoons and early evenings
- Have experience in dealing with children and Young people with 'complex needs' and or who have suffered from trauma
- have prior experience in working with children and young people of all ages 0 - 18
- full, clean open Australian drivers license and access to a fully registered/ insured vehicle is also an essential requirement
- Must have a valid WWCC (Working With Children Check) for NSW
- Support/Supervise our children and youth (aged 0 – 17yrs) on an individual or group basis
- Provide transport and/or escort our children and young people where necessary and appropriate (i.e. Birth Family/Sibling visits, after school activities and other general activities)
- Provide up to date and concise recordings (for example writing child progress reports and/or incident management or risk reports)
- Participate in support plans for children and young people for promoting life skills, engaging in pro-social activities and addressing behavioural / medical needs
- Assist with holiday programs, camps and special events for our Children and Youth
The successful candidate will:
- Be energetic and enthusiastic, have a passion for working with children and young people while having the patience of a saint
- Have compassion and show genuine empathy for others
- Be values focused and committed to providing quality support to our children and young people
- Be experienced in support work – preferably in youth or community support work, Childcare or family support
- Experience in working with children and young people who have 'complex' behaviours of concern would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of child abuse and trauma related behaviours
- Be able to work under supervision as well as be a self-starter, able to take initiative and also work as a team
- Be well organised and an excellent communicator
- Be confident and able to deal with difficult situations
- Have a strong commitment to the well-being of children and young people and their foster families
- Knowledge in or have worked with children in the out of home care setting
- MUST possess a full/open, clean Australian Driver's license and have access to a full registered/ insured vehicle is an essential requirement (as you will be required to use your own vehicle, km's reimbursed)
- Be prepared to undergo and satisfactorily pass a National Police Check and other relevant statutory checks
A Certificate III or IV in Community Services, Youth Work or similar would be an advantage
For a further discussion/information on the role please call Tina on (02) 8336 5700
Position Description - Casual CYP Support Services Worker
Please note: The end date on this differs from the one shown on SEEK. This is a standing 'catch all' NSW areas Expression of Interest application form.
EOI's are welcomed at any time in and out of campaign.
For any advertised positions - Interviews will resume after the date shown on SEEK.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions further regarding the above.
Key Assets Fostering is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all appropriately qualified and experienced members of the community.
In particular we welcome applications from people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background.