EOI QLD - Casual Children and Youth Support Services Workers
Brisbane, Toowoomba and surrounding areas
Express your Interest here to become a Casual Children and Youth Support Services Workers
with Key Assets The Children's Services Provider Brisbane, Toowoomba and surrounding areas
Careers That Make a Difference!
Key Assets – The Children’s Services Provider (Queensland) is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality,
innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with 'complex needs'.
Key Assets is part of the Core Assets Group which operates in 13 countries and provides a range of child and family social services.
Expressions of Interest (EOI) are welcomed for Casual Children and Young People Support Services
Workers (CYPSS) for the Queensland regions.
CYPSS Workers are responsible for supporting foster carers and the young people placed with them through the provision of direct work and support with children and young people, as and when required.
SUPPORT WORKERS - CASUAL HOURS (Work is needs based; not regular or systematic hours)
- Support/Supervise our children and youth (aged 0 – 17yrs) on an individual or group basis
- Provide transport and/or escort our children and young people where necessary and appropriate (i.e. Birth Family/Sibling visits, after school activities and other general activities)
- Ensuring our database is maintained and up to date, by way of concise recording (maintaining child progress reports and or incident management)
- Participate in support plans for children and young people for behavioural / medical needs
- Assist with holiday programs, camps and special events for our Children and Youth
The successful candidate will:
- Be experienced in support work – minimum of 1 year preferably in youth work and or Childcare / OOHSC and family support
- Be required for weekdays, during the afternoon and early evenings (some weekend work may apply also)
- Experience in working with children and young people who have complex needs and behaviours of concern would be an advantage
- Having previous medical experience i.e. knowledge around feeding apparatus' and other specialty needs
- Knowledge and experience of child abuse and trauma related behaviours
- Be able to work under supervision as well as be a self-starter, able to take initiative and also work as a team
- Be well organised and an excellent communicator
- Be confident and able to deal with difficult situations
- Have a strong commitment to the well-being of children and young people and their foster families
- Knowledge in or have worked with children in the out of home care setting
- Be compassionate and show genuine empathy for others
- Must have a valid Blue Card for a QLD Paid Worker
- MUST possess a full/open, clean Australian Drivers license and have access to a fully insured vehicle is an essential requirement (as you will be required to use your own vehicle, km's reimbursed)
- Be prepared to undergo and pass a National Police Check and GOVT statutory Child Protection check
(NOTE: commencement will only occur when all checks have been completed, departmental checks can take up to 28 days to process)
A Certificate III or IV in Community Services, Youth Work or similar would be an advantage
Position Description - Casual CYP Support Services Worker
For further information about Casual CYPSS workers in QLD areas, please call Cecilia (Toowoomba) or Teagan (Brisbane) on (07) 3452 9900
Key Assets Fostering is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all appropriately qualified and experienced members of the community. In particular we welcome applications from people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background.