EOI NZ - Casual Children and Youth Support Services Workers
Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Whangarei, Christchurch and surrounding areas
EOI - EXPRESSION OF INTEREST APPLICATION
CASUAL CHILDREN AND YOUTH SUPPORT (NZ)
* Application located at the bottom of the page *
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Gold Employer for 2017
- Provide therapeutic support to vulnerable children and young people in Foster Care
- Excellent Rates and Allowances
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality and innovative support to families by way of direct therapeutic support to children and young people, known to Child Protection, with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
About the role
Children and Youth Support Workers are responsible for supporting our young people placed in family based Out of Home Care (OOHC). This work is varied and may include planning and supporting activities, individual and or group work, transportation and may include supervising family contact.
To be successful in this role you will have empathy and an enormous passion to making a positive and lasting difference to our children and young peoples lives.
- Providing various types of support to children and youth placed in foster care
- Collaborative support, advocating for the child and participation in our Team Parenting model
- Assist in care / behaviour plans for our children and young people
- Completion of required documentation, for operational compliance
- Ensure compliance of business policies and child protection procedures
Experience and Skills Required
- Be energetic and enthusiastic, have a passion for working with children and young people
- Proven experience in Youth work
- Be confident and able to deal with difficult situations
- Current New Zealand "Full" driver license, is a must and your own insured/registered vehicle
- Availability during afternoons, early evenings and weekends
- Applicants must reside in New Zealand to be eligible for consideration
- Must be willing to undergo relevant statutory and personal checks
- First Aid Certificate is preferred
This role may suit someone who is currently studying youth work, social work or education.
Experience in working with people with complex needs and behaviours of concern is preferable along with knowledge of physical and mental health issues relevant to youth.
** Casual Hours - Work is dependent on the needs of the individual child or young person, work hours are not consistent nor regular **
This work is on an 'as required' 'flexible' basis (casual hours), you may be required to work evenings and weekends if selected.
Link to position details : CYPSS Worker Position Description
0800 KA KIDS
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minority groups are encouraged to apply.
** DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS **
EOI's: This is an expression of interest application only. Expressions of Interest are monitored on a regular basis for talent pooling purposes. EOI information is stored in a secure repository for a given period of time. Should a vacancy become available that meets with your skills, experience and qualification then a member of our team will contact you for a further discussion.
Please note – Due to volumes, EOI applications may not receive a reply if unsuccessful. Contact will be made by our team should your application meet with our criteria and should we have positions available.
CLOSURE DATE: The above EOI closing date is not applicable, this is an internal review date for office use only. EOI's will remain open until directed by senior management.
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at application stage. There may also be times when feedback is not provided, due to volumes of posts advertised. Key Assets apologies in advanced.
ELIGIBILTY (for AUS and or NZ Vacancies): To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian/ New Zealand Citizen /Resident residing within the country of the advertised position at the time of application. For overseas applicants you will hold an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa with no restrictions on working within the country. It is preferred that you be in the country at the time of application to be available for our interview process however for suitably experienced and qualified applicants interview alternatives may be arranged.
HOURS: 'Casual' - Hours are needs based. Hours are also not consistent / regular
COMMENCEMENT: Occurs when all statutory and personal checks have been satisfactorily completed. Departmental checks may take up to 28 days to process which can cause delays.