EOI VIC - Casual Children and Youth Support Services Workers
Victoria - Melbourne and surrounding areas
(EOI) Express your Interest here to become a Casual Children and Youth Support Services Workers
with Key Assets The Children's Services Provider, Melbourne region and surroundings areas
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Gold Employer for 2017
- Provide therapeutic support to vulnerable children and young people in Foster Care
- Excellent Rates and Allowances
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality and innovative support to families by way of direct therapeutic support to children and young people, known to Child Protection, with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
About the role
Children/Youth Support Workers are responsible for supporting our young people placed in family based Out of Home Care (OOHC). This work is varied and may include planning and supporting activities, individual and or group work, transportation and may include supervising family contact.
To be successful in this role you will have empathy and an enormous passion to making a positive and lasting difference to our children and young peoples lives.
- Providing various types of support to Child and Youth placed in foster carer (Transport, Social/Community, Education and Mentoring)
- Collaborative support, advocating for the child and participation in our Team Parenting model
- Assist in care / behaviour plans for our children and young people
- Completion of required documentation, for operational compliance
- And ensure compliance of business policies and child protection procedures
Experience and Skills Required
- Be energetic and enthusiastic, have a passion for working with children and young people
- A certificate in Human Services and or a similar relevant field (minimum Cert 4)
- First Aid Certificate is essential
- Be confident and able to deal with difficult situations
- Proven experience in Youth work, Youth Detention, Residential Care or OOHC
- Training / experience in child abuse / trauma related behaviours, youth Mental Health and similar
- Current Australian “C” Class driver license, is a must and your own fully insured/registered vehicle
- Availability during weekdays, during afternoon and early evenings (some weekend work may apply also).
- Applicants must reside in Australia to be eligible for consideration
- Must have a Working With Children Card relevant to the state for this post
- Excellent Rates
- Travel allowance (ATO rates)
- Other allowances as required
For a further discussion/information on the role please call Michelle Baker on (03) 9566 7800
** DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS **
EOI's: This is an expression of interest application only. Expressions of Interest are monitored on a regular basis for talent pooling purposes. EOI information is stored in a secure repository for a given period of time. Should a vacancy become available that meets with your skills, experience and qualification then a member of our team will contact you for a further discussion?
CLOSURE DATE: The above EOI closing date is not applicable, this is an internal review date for office use only. EOI's will remain open.
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at application stage.
ELIGIBILTY: To be eligible for consideration you must be an Australian resident or hold an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.
HOURS: 'Casual' - Hours are needs based. Hours are also not consistent / regular
COMMENCEMENT: Occurs when all statutory checks have been satisfactorily completed. Departmental checks can take up to 28 days to process
Position Description - Casual CYP Support Services Worker
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.