Product Manager - Flight Centre Limited - Geelong & surrounds
VIC - Geelong & surrounds
About Flight Centre Limited
Flight Centre Limited is Australasia’s best known travel agency group and now boasts almost 2,000 shops and businesses in eleven countries.
The company, through its retail and corporate brands, provides a complete travel service for leisure and business travellers in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, South Africa, Hong Kong, India and China. In addition, the company’s corporate travel management network, FCm Travel Solutions, extends to more than 40 other countries through strategic licensing agreements with independent local operators. Internationally, the company employs about 16,000 consultants and support staff.
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager to join our Flight Centre team, based in Geelong & surrounds.
In this pivotal role, you will be working with the Flight Centre Team Leaders to develop and deliver a global Product Strategy encompassing the physical product, delivery and distribution, marketing, promotion, incentives and training. Please note: approximately 2/3 of your week will be based in the Melbourne Head Office, and 1/3 at our Geelong & surrounds based stores.
Your primary aims will be to maximise the profit and commission for the Flight Centre brand, and to further enhance our strong long-term relationships with our supplier partners.
More specifically, your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Providing Consultant ‘help desk’ support in areas such as fares, itinerary advice, product support, sales support, systems and processes, price beat administering and write-off administration;
- Creating and delivering training material for consultants on airfares, destinations and land product, both in store and in a classroom environment;
- Reporting and analysing area results and product KPIs;
- Assisting with organising conferences for the local area; and
- Work with marketing and suppliers to develop FC exclusive deals and marketing plans.
Flight Centre Limited is looking for a customer focused individual, with excellent communication skills and demonstrated abilities in partnering and building relationships. You will also possess a strong commercial acumen, with the ability to make effective decisions and embrace change.
What you'll need:
- Retail sales experience essential
- Retail sales experience in FC highly desirable
- A strong knowledge of and passion for the Flight Centre brand
- Strong airfare (Fares and Ticketing 1&2) and land product knowledge
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience in writing training material and/or facilitating training is highly desirable
- Strong, professional interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain effective relationships at all levels
- Effective problem solving skills and initiative to ‘think outside the square’
- Ability to be both self driven but also work as part of a larger team
- Excellent time management and flexibility to adjust focuses and implement change
About the Benefits
By becoming part of the Flight Centre Limited family, you’ll have the chance to discover first hand why we’re recognised the world over as one of the best employers around! We can offer you an unbeatable range of benefits including free access to our facilities including a gym, massage and beauty rooms.
Most importantly, our founder believes all Flight Centre Limited members should be ‘healthy, wealthy & wise’ and as a result has established in house financial planners and personal trainers to ensure you’re able to achieve the ultimate work /life balance.
To top it all off, you’ll receive a market leading salary along with an additional week’s leave for educational trips. Ongoing industry training and development is highly encouraged and there are genuine opportunities to advance your career. With offices around the world, there is also potential to broaden your horizons overseas.