- Are you used to managing large workforces?
- Like the idea of being a part of a highly diverse team?
- Interested in pursuing a career within our Nursery department?
Flavorite is Australia's premier grower and marketer of flavoursome vine-ripened, glasshouse grown produce which is stocked in major supermarkets across Australia and overseas. Established in 1994, Flavorite is a family owned business that maintains its competitive edge through constant innovation. The farm is located in Warragul, which is ideally situated in the Gippsland food bowl and currently covers in excess of 26 hectares of protected under cover cropping, employing up to 350 employees.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a reliable and people orientated individual to join our Nursery Department. This is not your ordinary growing environment, we utilise highly specialised growing techniques to sow and propagate our plants, and the people that undertake these tasks are integral to its success.
Reporting directly to the Nursery Manager, the Nursery Supervisor is responsible for ensuring Nursery Team Members complete the Nursery tasks to achieve the relevant KPIs and quality requirements for the specific crop.
The primary responsibility for this role is the management of team outcomes and resources to ensure orders are delivered to deadline, always meeting quality standards. This is achieved through:
- Management of team including recruitment; orienting and training of all employees
- Management of workloads through supervision and delegation
- Performance management of direct reports ensuring quality and achievement of KPIs
- Ensuring the correct nursery equipment and tools are available and ready for use
- Creating and managing order plans via the use of Microsoft Project
- Stocktake management
- Reporting on achievement of order timelines and KPIs
The successful candidate will possess:
- Previous experience in similar environment and/or industry
- Previous staff management experience
- Coaching & training skills
- Well-developed computer skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative
The successful applicant will be required to successfully obtain and maintain First Aid certification and a valid Forklift licence.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please complete your application on our website at:
Please note: All applications must be submitted via our website, applications received via Seek will not be accepted.
Applications close: COB Friday 27 January, 2017