Food Services Assistant
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging available
- Based in Avondale Heights (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a specialist not-for-profit company providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to elderly men and women who come from a homeless background. With annual revenue of $51 million, we employ over 600 staff and operate from multiple offices in Melbourne and regional Victoria. Located in Avondale Heights, our Food Services Production Kitchen prepares delicious and nutritious meals for our residential sites and community care meals program.
Your new role
Wintringham is currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Food Services Assistant to join our close-knit Food Services Team on a casual basis. In this dynamic and fast-paced role, you will be required to work shifts covering Monday to Friday (6-7.5 hours a day).
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Assist with the preparation, cooking, delivery and service of appetising nutritious meals for residents and staff.
- Assists the Food Services Team to ensure to that the food services program complies with the food safety act.
- Ensure all meals produced are of a good visual and nutritional standard in quantities appropriate with resident’s needs.
- Ensure all special diets are correct in content.
- Assist in the development, review and maintenance of standard recipes for each menu item.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services: Staff wellbeing portal, exclusive discounts and our Employee Assistance Program
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- A current Food Handlers certificate (preferable)
- Prior Food Services experience in Aged or Community Care (preferable)
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work within a team as well as autonomously
- Adaptability to changes in the environment.
How to apply
A copy of the position description can be accessed here. Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the required information below. Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the required information below. Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Wednesday 1st April 2020
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application.
“Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.”