Pool Lifeguard - Casual
Location: Peninsula Leisure Centre & Gosford Olympic Pool
- Casual hours
- Uniform provided
- $20.88 to $24.63 per hour (up to the age of 18 years) $27.03 per hour (18+ years of age). Rates of pay quoted include a 25% Casual Loading.
- Weekend penalty rates apply
Central Coast Council is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a healthy work environment and a work/life balance.
An exciting opportunity has become available for suitably qualified and experienced Pool Lifeguards to join our team.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide aquatic safety and cleaning at the Peninsula Leisure Centre and Gosford Olympic Pool.
The successful applicants will be employed on a casual day-to-day basis and will be required to be available to work a variable spread of hours, Monday to Sunday as required.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure the public's safety and health at all times;
- Monitor swimming pool water quality;
- Ensure the centre is clean and safe;
- Supervise patrons in the pool hall;
- Liaise and communicate with customers at the Centre;
- Assist with event/program set-up requirements.
- Current Apply First Aid Certificate (HLTFA311A) OR Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003);
- Current RLSSA Pool Lifeguard Certificate;
- Demonstrated previous experience working in an aquatic/leisure facility or equivalent;
- Ability and willingness to work across the spread of operating hours from 4am to 10pm Monday to Sunday;
- Working with Children Check Clearance Number or Application Number as per Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013;
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change and commitment to work across multiple work locations;
- A customer service ethos and a demonstrated customer-centric approach to service provision;
- Demonstrated high quality problem solving skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively adjust plans and schedules;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff and the public;
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
It is the responsibility of successful applicants to undertake a course of vaccinations against Hepatitis A & B or demonstrate their immunity prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Bob Gordon, Team Leader Pool & Lifeguards on ph: (02) 4304 8065 or Anthony Burling, Coordinator Leisure & Beaches on ph: (02) 4325 8123.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight Friday 10 February 2017
To download a Position Description please click here.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in the position.
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process.
Please note that you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
It is recommended that you review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application. You can "cut & paste" from a Word document to an application if you wish.
To lodge your application, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Answer the on-line questions shown below
Step 2: Attach your Resume
Step 3: Attach your qualifications and licences
Once your application is successfully lodged you will receive an automated response sent to your e-mail address. If a response is not received this means that your application has not been successfully submitted and you will need to lodge another application.
Applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted by phone or e-mail.
PLEASE NOTE: By completing and submitting this online application you confirm that any information provided by yourself in this application is true & correct and acknowledge that any offer of employment may be withdrawn should the information that you have provided in support of your application be shown to be false. You also consent to employment screening checks being conducted where appropriate. This may include associated checks (Referee check, Working With Children Check, Entitlement to Work in Australia, Employment History and an Australian Federal Police Check) as well as substantiation of educational qualifications, industry memberships, previous Central Coast Council employment history and association with professional bodies.
I also acknowledge that I will be required to provide proof of eligibility (including photo identification) to work in Australia if selected for an interview.