Sydney and Canberra
Guide Dogs NSW/ACT is the leading provider in Australia of guide dogs and orientation and mobility services for people with vision loss.
We are currently seeking experienced Occupational Therapists to join our Client Services teams in Chatwood and Canberra to provide professional, evidence-based occupational therapy services to support individuals with vision impairment to develop, enhance and maintain independence in their desired activities of daily living.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Ideally 3 years’ or more experience delivering occupational therapy intervention programs;
- Current registration with AHPRA;
- Completion of a relevant tertiary qualification in occupational therapy, and skills in the context of vision impairment (or willingness to complete further study);
- A sound understanding of client-centred practice;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with clients and others;
- Ability to work under direction and to be flexible to adapt to varying workloads and caseload demands;
- Aptitude to work well in a team, as well as independently;
- Excellent time management and organisation skills;
- Attention to detail and skills in analysis, planning and problem solving;
- A current unrestricted drivers licence with a good driving history; and
- Good skills in utilising computer applications and modern technology.
Knowledge of local community support services, NDIS and/or My Aged Care will be highly desirable.
Applicants must be willing to travel regularly to deliver programs in client homes or community locations, and must be physically fit to undertake the inherent requirements of the role. If successful you will be required to obtain satisfactory clearances as established by a Working With Children Check and a Criminal History Check.
The successful candidates will have access to a tool of trade car or car allowance and PBI salary packaging. GDN is also supportive of flexible working arrangements. The role in Canberra is Permanent Full time and the position in Chatswood is a 12 month fixed term contract.
Please review the Position Description here: https://applynow.net.au/jobs/GDNA6/assets/12115720 or contact Katrina Hawkins on (02) 9412 9443. To express your interest please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.