Team Leader- Shared and Respite Living
genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
With over 3000 staff across 200 national locations, a strong history of committed leadership and values driving growth, we invite you to bring your professional skills and passion to our motivated team
About the Role
The Team Leader will provide inspirational leadership and operational management to our shared supported accommodation homes and ensure an empowering and enabling environment for people with disabilities, whilst still maximising opportunities for the attainment of personal goals and lifestyles that are valued by the wider community.
Duties will include:
- Proactively promote a home like environment that enhances the well-being of people with disabilities and is welcoming of families, friends and other visitors.
- Undertake program planning and monitoring functions including reviews and written reports as required
- Develop a productive working relationship to effectively manage up and manage house staff
- Assist to recruit, induct, develop and support staff working within the facility to ensure that they can meet expectations and support residents
- Maintain accurate financial records including household expenditure and individual resident personal expenditure
- Significant experience delivering services in the disability industry
- Minimum Cert IV in Disability Studies or equivalent
- Current First Aid- Certificate II Level and CPR certificate
- Demonstrated ability to provide person centred active supports for residents
- Working with Children Check
- Experience leading and managing a team of staff
- Good computer skills including; in house data base systems, MS office and excel
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
Benefits & Culture
genU is proud to be an EEO employer. genU supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
- Salary Packaging benefits
- Ongoing training & development – accredited and paid
- Career development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program including a dietician service and financial assistance
- Paid parental leave for primary carers after 12 months of employment
In applying for this role, you will be subject to a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. This is a check of an individual's name against a database held by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) that records individuals who pose a proven risk to the health, safety or welfare of people with a disability living in group homes. If your name is on or is placed on the list, you will be ineligible to work as a residential disability support worker with Karingal St Laurence.
For further details please contact Heather Boyd on 0477 010 670
Please click here for a copy of the position description outlining full details of this role.