Personal Care Assistant
ACCEPTING INTERNAL APPLICATIONS ONLY
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Free training courses provided and opportunities to develop
- Access to exclusive NFP Salary Packaging
- Part Time (6 hours p/fortnight)
- Based in Coburg (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Our Gilgunya Hostel, located in Coburg, offers affordable, high quality accommodation and care to 51 men and women aged 50 years and over. We provide a safe, flexible and caring family-style environment, which allows residents to maintain their chosen lifestyles, habits and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
Your new role
We are currently seeking a flexible and experienced Personal Care Assistant preferably with the ability to administer medications to join our residential team at our Gilgunya facility on a part-time basis.
The available shifts are:
Week 1: Wednesday (1500-2100)
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Assisting residents with personal care including personal hygiene, dressing, grooming and other activities of daily living
- Assisting in the implementation of cigarette programs
- Observing and reporting changes in residents behaviour or physical condition and maintain appropriate documentation as required
- Providing emotional support to residents
What is in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Still need more work? The opportunities are endless, with shifts at our residential sites on offer as well as Community shifts available as well. Check out our website for locations.
What we will need from you:
- A minimum of a Certificate III in Aged Care or Individual Support
- Completion of medication administration unit HLTHPS006 - Assist Clients with Medication (preferred)
- Prior experience in Aged Care (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- A non-judgmental approach with the ability to work with people from varying socio-economic backgrounds
- A caring approach
- An understanding of the special needs of older people
- Current CPR & First Aid.
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link here. Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by clicking the ‘apply’ link below.-site.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Thursday 9th July 2020.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must have undertaken a flu vaccination within the 2020 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
“Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.”