Junior Purchasing Assistant
Join Australia's fastest growing trade hair and beauty group today!
Our culture is customer focused, fun, positive, honest and all about keeping things simple.
It's a great time at glamaCo, but the most exciting part is that we still have a long way to go. We have big plans in place that include opening additional stores, advancing our online business and increasing our product diversity.
We have a rare opportunity for a motivated person to join our team in the capacity of "glamaCo Junior Purchasing Assistant". The role is fulltime, based at our Arana Hills HQ, and is available for an immediate start (due to the expansion of our purchasing team). This is a junior position where a junior wage is paid.
So what is a Junior Purchasing Assistant? This role encompasses aspects of purchasing, pricing analysis and trading term coordination with over 60 supply partners, controlling over 10,000 inventory items.
Additionally this role will be responsible to assist the greater purchasing team for the updating, continuous analysis and reporting of inventory and supply partners that enable the company as a whole to benefit.
This role is best suited to a person motivated in pursuing a career in HQ operations and management, displaying a strong analytical talent and accuracy.
Role specific training will be provided.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous buying/purchasing or store management experience within the retail industry is not essential;
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are essential;
- The ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple priorities are essential;
- An understanding of relevant key performance indicators are essential;
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are essential;
- Microsoft Dynamics experience is desirable;
- Competent mathematical ability is essential;
Key Responsibilities Will Include:
- Prepare replenishment and sales data for the greater purchasing team based on inventory analysis;
- Create purchase orders and seek management approval;
- Communicate with supply partners to ensure purchase order and delivery requirements are met;
- Ensure promotional campaigns are purchased and maintained in accordance to requirements;
- Ensure the data integrity and policy management of the inventory system is maintained;
- Ensure that all system and/or process flow issues are investigated, resolved and communicated in a timely manner to management;
- Instigate, research and reconcile physical inventory discrepancies;
- Establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with members of the glamaCo HQ team including purchasing, marketing and store managers;
- Stay abreast of new procedures and implemented technologies;
- Produce monthly and adhoc reports;
- When required, work extended hours to meet urgent deadlines;
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of your immediate area and assist the team to do the same across the office environment;
- Exhibit excellent personal presentation and hygiene;
What We Can Offer You:
- Full time hours;
- Potential flexibility of start and finish times;
- Attractive remuneration package, including base salary, super;
- Generous staff discounts;
- Great team environment;
- No smoking, no alcohol site;
- An exciting, long term career, as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people.
If you are truly exceptional at what you do, are looking for the excitement of a growing business and are enthusiastic for your craft, then we would love to hear from you.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone enquiries and/or applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted. Applicants interested in this role should apply directly to this advertisement. To be considered for this role, you must have an unrestricted right to work in Australia.
- Birth certificate/Passport (70 points),
- Australian driver's license (40 points),
- Tertiary/student ID card (25 points),
- Credit/debit card, Utility bill, Medicare card (25 points each).
If employed, glamaCo renumerates in accordance with the relevant award. For more information, refer to this link: http://awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/show/MA000002