Assistant Store Manager - Ringwood
About the business.
Haymes Paint is proudly the largest Australian owned Paint Manufacturer. As a founding principal of Henry Haymes in 1935, the Haymes family continues the tradition of Quality and Integrity in the manufacture of our products and providing service to our customers. This is confirmed, as voted by our customers, our products and customer service have been awarded the Canstar Blue Most Satisfied Customers Award for the last three consecutive years.
About the role.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Store Manager to join the team in our Ringwood store. Working closely with the Store Manager the role is responsible for supporting and maintaining the high level of customer service offered to our retail and trade customers, ensuring the smooth day to day operations of the store and maintaining correct processes and procedures in the management of inventory, responding to customer inquires and processing POS and end of day.
On the job training will be provided on the Haymes product range.
The role is offered on a full time basis working shifts across a seven-day roster, weekend hours will be required as part of a rotating roster. Strong leadership and customer service skills are core attributes for this position.
Duties will include:
- Greeting customers and assisting with product selection
- Advising customers in store and by phone on relevant products and accessories
- Timely and accurate preparation of paint orders for trade & retail customers
- Building strong relationships with trade/retail customers in store
- Supporting the Haymes sales team in growing trade, industrial and retail business
- Assisting with store presentation
- Stock control
- Supporting and directing store staff
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Leadership skills
- A strong interest in the paint/surface coating industry
- Previous experience with trade and retail customers
- Effective time management and planning
- The ability to work under pressure
- A genuine desire to deliver a high level of customer service
- Have the physical capacity to lift weights up to 25 kg (15 litre cans of product)
Key requirements are you have a positive, friendly attitude, are able to work both autonomously and in a team environment and have an unencumbered driver's licence. Most importantly, you love working with people and engaging with customers.
If you believe you meet these criteria and will enjoy the challenges and diversity this role brings we encourage you to apply. Please provide a copy of your resume with cover letter in your application.