Assistant Store Manager - Sydney
At Haigh’s Chocolates, we pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional customer experience. With 18 retail stores operating across 4 states (SA, VIC, ACT and NSW), Haigh’s offers a wide variety of premium, specialty chocolates locally made in the state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in South Australia. Driven by a mix of tradition from over 100 years of history and innovation to develop fine artisan chocolates, Haigh’s is committed to achieving excellence in our field.
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent full-time Assistant Store Manager to lead our team in Sydney CBD. Working alongside the Store Manager and using your retail knowledge, you will assist in maximizing sales opportunities through the coaching and development of the retail team.
With an emphasis on work-life balance, this role will enable the successful candidate to only work 1 weekend per month and still manage a successful management career in retail.
Who are we looking for?
Haigh’s is seeking an energetic and committed individual with a solid Retail background, polished presentation and a ‘can do’ attitude. As an Assistant Store Manager, you will form part of the Management Team with the Store Manager; responsible for developing and motivating the team to deliver the best customer experience, every time.
A strong background in management or supervisory roles within retail stores would be ideal.
To be successful in the position, you will have:
- Previous management experience in a retail or hospitality background (preferred)
- Strong focus on achieving exceptional customer service
- A willingness to gain expertise in product knowledge
- A professional approach to troubleshooting problems
- Experience managing daily retail operations instore
- A great committed attitude and work ethic
- Passion about training and development
- Experience leading by example, not afraid to get your elbows deep in chocolate
- The ability to motivate and inspire your team
- Experience achieving sales targets and maximising profit
- Integrity, enthusiasm and strong communication skills
What’s in it for you?
- Enjoy a great work/life balance by working one weekend a month
- A competitive salary
- Generous employee incentives and discounts
- Eligible for the annual company profitability bonus
- Career opportunities within the Group - both local and interstate
- Invitation to our annual Assistant Store Manager Conference held in Adelaide
- Annual professional development fund to support you in pursuing formal training and qualifications
- Access to our rewards program offering great discount to various providers, including travel, retail, grocery and F&B outlets
- Access to our Well-Being program, which includes annual flu vaccinations, health checks and counselling support
Haigh's believes that by valuing differences in backgrounds, cultures, abilities and experiences, that our work environment will be free from bias and prejudice. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments for those with disability to provide a positive barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Application Closing date: 17th May 2019, Friday