Tenancy Management Worker
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Salary Packaging, Meals and Entertainment Packaging
- Competitive remuneration
- Fixed Term Part Time (19 hours per week)
- Based in Delahey (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham Housing provides housing services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. We developed our Housing Program to support our clients in maintaining stable long-term housing and improve their health and well-being. We provide assistance to our clients via the Tenancy Management Worker, Housing Support Workers, and other Support is offered to residents as required.
Your new role
Wintringham Housing is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic person with a commitment to social justice to join our experienced multi-disciplinary team, based at our Delahey office, as a Fixed Term Part Time Tenancy Management Worker for our Macedon sites until 2021.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Fulfilling landlord duties in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act 1997.
- Assisting clients to maintain stable housing and independence through paying their rent and managing arrears
- Maintaining properties to a high standard
- Maximising housing opportunities for the Wintringham client group.
- Coordinating the entry and exit of residents from housing properties in conjunction with other relevant service providers.
You will have a minimum of an Agent’s Representative Certificate/Licence or other relevant Real Estate qualification. You must possess a current Victorian driver’s licence and your own reliable vehicle (travel between sites required).
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Experience in tenancy and property management
- Experience in Trust Accounting.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- A sound understanding of the special needs of older people
- A non-judgmental attitude
- The ability to work both within a team and autonomously
How to apply
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link here. Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Applications close at 5:00pm Wednesday 24th July 2019.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check.
“Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.”