Safety and Injury Prevention Officer
Hall & Prior is a private organisation that specialises in residential aged care. We believe that our commitment and dedication to providing high quality care can make a real difference to the lives of our consumers and their families. Our homes embody safety and comfort, offering choices in accommodation, lifestyle and health services that are important to our consumers.
Operating in both Western Australia and New South Wales our team bring together a wide range of backgrounds and experience as well as a passion for what they do, we provide many employment opportunities for nursing, care, hospitality, administration and Allied health staff.
We have a newly created role available working as an Safety and Injury Prevention Officer supporting the Injury Management Coordinator and OSH Manager. We are seeking an innovative , engaging and effective hands on individual, with highly developed interpersonal skills.
You will be proactively assisting with workers compensation claims, assist in the prevention of injuries and provide support with the Occupational Safety and Health program for the organisation.
Part of your role would be to implement and manage systems, policies, procedures and practices.
Key attributes for this position:
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including written & verbal communication;
- Highly developed assessment, judgement and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability in time management and organisational skills
- Manage programs compliant with legislation, standards, and internal policies
- Passionate, self-motivated, practical individual with a positive approach to work
The successful applicant must possess :
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in allied health and association registration
- Knowledge of the Injury Management and Occupational Safety and Health Act, Regulations, and relevant Codes of Practice and Standards (Desirable)
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in case management and workers compensation and / or in an Occupational Health and Safety role (Desirable)
- A current driver's licence and own transport
- Vaccination evidence or willingness to be vaccinated to support client and personal wellbeing (influenza and other role specific requirements);
- Full rights to work in Australia
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Free flu vaccination annually
- Discounted health insurance
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
The organisation is dynamic and offers a challenging, interesting, and rewarding career path providing staff with opportunities for professional development, training and career advancement.
If you believe you have what it takes or would like some further information please contact Ben Carrick, Injury Management Coordinator via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the "Apply" button and attach your Resume with Cover Letter.
Please visit our website www.hallprior.com.au to view our homes.
Compassionate people, dedicated to care.