Director of Nursing
Hall & Prior is a private organisation operating in both Western Australia and New South Wales that specialises in residential aged care. We believe that our commitment and dedication to providing high quality care can make a real difference to the lives of our consumers and their families. Our homes embody safety and comfort, offering choices in accommodation, lifestyle and health services that are important to our consumers.
Our organisation has a strong, caring and welcoming culture and is well known for the high quality of care we provide to our consumers. Our team has a wide range of backgrounds and experience, all brought together by the common themes of passion for our care recipients health and happiness, professional conduct and kindness in the community of our home.
We are seeking an innovative, engaging and experienced Director of Nursing with highly developed interpersonal skills and a commitment to building knowledge and competence for our Leighton Nursing Home. The Director of Nursing will be responsible for maintaining full occupancy, meeting accreditation standards and cultivating a stable and positive workplace culture.
To be successful in this position you will possess the following:
- Experience in a Facility Manager role in Aged Care
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
- Experience working within the Aged Care Setting
- Advanced clinical skills and experience in the residential aged care setting
- Demonstrated time management and organisation skills and ability to coordinate and prioritise referrals
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication
- Ability to work as a team player with strong communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with ACFI and the ACSAA assessment system
- Experience with implementing Quality Management & and Continuous Improvement programs
- Experience in leading and managing a multi-disciplinary teams
- Compassionate, dedicated and caring nature with the ability to build strong rapport with consumers and staff
- Current National Police Certificate or willing to obtain
- Good knowledge of aged care documentation requirements
- HACCP Certificate or willing to obtain
- Computer skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the Aged Care Act (1997)
- Up to date Influenza Vaccination, or willingness to vaccinate
- Full work rights in Australia
- 24/7 RN cover in the homes
- Specialised resource team to support the homes such as: Dietitian, Speech Pathologist, Pharmacist, ACFI Coordinators, Quality Coordinator, Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapist
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Free flu vaccination annually
- Discounted health insurance
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
Our homes are dynamic and caring and offer employment opportunities for professional development, training and career advancement to the right people.
If you would like to become a part of our growing team at Leighton click on the “Apply” button and attach your Resume with a Cover letter.
Please visit our website www.hallprior.com.au to view our homes.
Compassionate people, dedicated to care.