Aged Care Support Worker
Newcastle/ Lake Macquarie
- Casual role (potential to move to a part time role in the future)
- Multiple roles available
- To service customers within Toronto, Belmont and surrounding suburbs
- Pay rate $28.38 per hour (includes casual loading)
- KM's paid in addition to hourly rate at 0.78 km
integratedliving Australia aims to be a leading providing of health services throughout rural, regional and remote communities of Australia. Our focus is on delivering better health outcomes for many Australians by supporting them to live independent and active lives. No matter where the client is on their care journey, we can help!
Job tasks and responsibilities
Our Support Workers empower clients by delivering exceptional services. They encourage individual client choice and aim to contribute to our clients health and wellbeing. This varied role ensures the clients care plan is followed to provide high quality support in a safe manner. You will be carrying out a variety of different tasks, including;
- Assisting with personal care such as showering, grooming, dressing and feeding,
- General household duties such as cooking, cleaning and washing,
- Transportation to appointments and providing social support.
Skills and experience you will need to succeed
- Strong customer service skills, a positive attitude and a commitment to providing the best care to our clients.
- Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent qualification OR minimum 12 months experience providing personal care to the elderly or disabled. Completion of the subject "assist with medication" highly desirable.
- Current driver’s license (P1 or above) and motor vehicle – must be registered, reliable and CTP insured (comprehensive insurance not essential)
- Flexibility to work between 7am-7pm Monday-Sunday.
- Ability to use smart phones, handheld devices, email and internet.
- Current First Aid + CPR and working with children/vulnerable people certificate or willing to obtain
Benefits for you
We offer a growing range of benefits including:
- Flexible and supportive work environment
- Be part of an organisation providing valued support to our clients and the community
- Pay less tax through salary packaging options
- Professional development and career progression opportunities
- A safe and healthy workplace culture which promotes diversity, integrity and mutual respect
If you have the drive, commitment and desire to make a difference by supporting our valued clients then this could be the opportunity for you!
Position Enquires: Angela (02) 4911 2631
integratedliving Australia values diversity and promotes understanding and inclusion of all people organisation wide. Our workforce proudly reflects the local communities we live and work in and we actively encourage all applications
Work With Us
Careers with Us, Volunteer or Partner with Us.
Do something meaningful for others, for yourself and for your community. Be challenged and rewarded, while helping people who need care and support, to remain in their own homes. Every day is different, and your customers will amaze you, shock you and most of all inspire you. Be part of an organisation that fosters flexibility, values support, and keeps people connected.
Have more than a career: progress with purpose.