Project Manager - Greenway Delivery (Contract up to 4 years)
LOOKING FOR A CHALLENGE?
Inner West Council is set to deliver some exciting projects, including completion of the Central and Southern Greenway Missing Links. The GreenWay (www.greenway.org.au) is a 5.5km sustainable transport and urban environmental corridor in Sydney's Inner West, connecting the Cooks River to Parramatta River. The corridor contains a variety of community facilities and linked passive and active open space areas. The corridor is also defined by the Inner West Light Rail (9 stops) and Hawthorne Canal. There are five main elements to the GreenWay Program which is primarily funded by the Inner West Council, with support from the City of Canterbury-Bankstown Council and (on an ad hoc basis), various state agencies:-
- Urban bush care - management by community volunteers and council staff of 16 urban bush care sites along the GreenWay;
- Active travel – completion of a continuous 5.5km off-road (or separated) shared walking and cycle path along the corridor (the GreenWay Trail)
- Place making – design and implementation of access, streetscape and public domain improvements at various locations along the corridor, with a particular focus on the 9 Inner West Light Rail stops
- Sustainability education – using the Greenway as an outdoor classroom to teach school and university students about urban sustainability and urban environmental issues and challenges;
- Art and community culture – celebrating the cultural and environmental qualities of the GreenWay through art and community culture.
The principal function of the Greenway Project Manager relates to item 2 above. The position will facilitate the delivery of the Central and Southern Greenway Missing Links, valued at approximately $15 Million , in accordance with the goals and objectives of key stakeholders, including (but not limited to):-
- Inner West Council and City of Canterbury Bankstown Council
- GreenWay Place Manager
- GreenWay Steering Committee
- Established GreenWay community groups e.g. Inner West Environment Group
- State agencies which own land and assets along the corridor e.g. Sydney Water, RMS and TfNSW
- Some private landowners e.g. Allied Mills (Lewisham West development precinct)
Reporting to the Group Manager, the Project Manager - Greenway Missing Links Delivery will be responsible for the management and implementation of planning, design and construction related activities for the delivery of the Central and Southern Greenway Missing Links (item 2 above).
Attractive salary based on skills and experience, contract up to 4 years, 19-day month with possible after hours work
- Tertiary qualifications in landscape architecture, engineering, project management, or equivalent with a demonstrated record of achievement in financial, people and project management;
- Demonstrated experience in project management with significant civil infrastructure projects from inception through to commissioning;
- Ability to manage a diverse range of consultants and contractors to achieve project objectives;
- Experience in tender assessment, contract management and contract administration meeting to ensure the project meet time, cost, quality, WHS and environmental guidelines;
- Strong communication, business writing, presentation, stakeholder engagement, networking skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholders;
- Managing project risks and issues, including the development of contingency plans;
- Current C class Driver’s licence
- Current WorkCover WH&S Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Knowledge and understanding with a commitment to implement Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) & Work Health & Safety (WH&S) principles.
Patrick Ceran on (02) 9367 9012 or 0481 438 611
Sunday 15 January 2017, at 11:30 pm
How To Apply
We recommend you read the Position Description for the role to make sure your application addresses the Essential & Desirable requirements. Council is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants.
To Apply for this role, please fill out the questions below - on the following page you'll be asked to add your resume, qualifications/licences (if required for the role), please make sure you have this ready before you apply.
Inner West Council is collecting personal information from you as part of the recruitment process. If you do not provide the personal information requested in this form, then we may not be able to process your application.
We will not disclose your personal information to any overseas recipient, although some of your personal information may be stored on secure servers located in Australia.