Across Australia Just Better Care provides in-home aged care and disability support services, supporting people to live independently.
- Explore the opportunity to develop your career in a growing industry
- Join a friendly, professional business that provides you with ongoing training and support
- Enjoy the benefits from joining a national network, whilst working locally
Just Better Care Brisbane North provides a range of support services to older people, veterans and people with a disability across the North side of Brisbane and are looking for an enthusiastic, agile and responsive HR professional to join our team.
You will be responsible for supporting the business with HR, facilities and safety compliance at our primary location in Kallangur and our office hub in Gaythorne along with supporting our community support teams across Brisbane’s North side.
This is a newly created role which is expected to evolve! Supported by an existing policy framework and access to external HR and IR advice, your responsibilities will include:
- End to end recruitment activities - proactive talent sourcing, interviews, reference checks.
- Support employee life cycle from onboarding to performance management, remuneration reviews, employee development and retention.
- Ensure our Just Better Care Learning Management System is available to all staff and completed in accordance with our training matrix.
- Oversee our Employee Assistance and Engagement Programs.
- Support with initiatives to build on our company culture.
- Coordinate and administer all HR functions to meet Fair Work, Award and Employment legislation compliance requirements
- Coordinate and meet all HR and compliance requirements aligned with legislation and funding parameters.
- Contribute to innovative and efficient approaches to staff utilisation, performance drivers and continuous improvement.
- Oversee our offices to meet a high standard of safety, presentation, tidiness and cleanliness.
- Oversee contractors to meet contractual obligations at best cost.
- Coordinate and administer WHS functions to ensure safety by complying with Safe Work Australia and WHS legislative requirements.
What you will need:
- 2+ years' experience in a Generalist HR role ideally with a tertiary qualification.
- Familiarity with Fair Work Act and WHS laws.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills.
- Highly proficient computer skills.
- Excellent self- and time-management
- Learning mindset
- Results-driven and forward-thinking
- Strong planning and coordination skills
- Personal awareness, competence and ownership
- Co-operative attitude
- Flexible approach to changing situations and priorities
What we offer:
- Training & professional development opportunities (including free access to online learning tools & programs)
- Flexible and supportive work environment
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Program
- Staff engagement & recognition programs
APPLY TODAY if this feels right for you. Please include your full current resume and a cover letter demonstrating the relevance of your experience and competencies that you bring to the role.