Senior Coordinator/Rostering - Home Care Admin
Freemans Reach - Hawkesbury Nepean
Across the Hawkesbury, Nepean and Blue Mountains, Just Better Care provides in-home aged care and disability support services, supporting people to live independently.
Explore the opportunity to develop your career in the growing aged care and disability industry. We are currently looking for a Full Time Senior Coordinator to join our team.
The Senior Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the coordination and delivery of services.
The role involves overseeing Coordinators and liaising with Support Workers, Package Managers, Human Resources and Customers to ensure services are provided in accordance with the customer’s assessed needs and Support Workers’s availability. The responsibility is to oversee and ensure the provision of quality operational services, while maintaining efficiency and cost effectiveness and meeting compliance and procedural requirements.
- Act as role model to all Coordinators by upholding the vision, values and purpose of Just Better Care
- Form and maintain a professional relationship with Community Support Professionals
- Work with Human Resource in the recruitment and supervision of Community Support Professionals, when requested
- Support Coordinators through effective work allocation and rostering of staff, channel clear communication and building rapport with Community Support Professionals to facilitate stability and the long term retention of staff
- When required, participate in the education for Coordination and Community Support Professionals
- Ensure community support professionals provide reports for incidents hazards etc.
- Ensure Client Feedback's are monitored and passed onto relevant personnel
- Ensure quality standards are maintained at all times, and that customer expectations are met or exceeded
- Ensure compliance with Just Better Care’s Quality Management System
- Respect the privacy and dignity of all customers and staff
- Ensure that the customer is the central person in the service and that their choices are respected at all times
- Ensure that staff are supported in their work and are provided a safe working environment
- Ensure any concerns are dealt with promptly and professionally and escalated to management when required
- Ensure processes and procedures are implemented so that the coordination team works as a cohesive unit
What you will need:
- Experience in a managerial role and within the care sector
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to persuade individuals effectively
- Ability to work flexibly to respond to changing staff and client needs
- Maintain close contact with all internally and external stakeholders
- High level administrative and organisational skills
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to contribute positively to the team
- Able to manage a team of employees and customers
- Display strong customer service in all communications, using professional, courteous, and tactful communication and problem-solving skills, which drives high customer satisfaction
- Attention to detail, follow up and administration skills
- Strong planning, organising and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Current Criminal Record Check
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Tertiary qualifications in Community Services, Human Services, Nursing or equivalent preferred
- Previous experience in the community care or health/aged care sector
What we offer:
- Training & professional development opportunities (including free access to online learning tools & programs)
- Friendly, fun, flexible and supportive work environment
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Program
- Staff recognition programs
If you would like to join our growing team of Community Support Professionals and become part of our friendly, professional network please Apply today.