Across Australia Just Better Care provides in-home aged care and disability support services, supporting people to live independently.
- Explore the opportunity to develop your career in a growing industry
- Join a friendly, professional business that provides you with ongoing training and support
- Enjoy the benefits from joining a national network, whilst working locally
We are currently looking for a full time (option to be part time 0.80 FTE) Finance Manager to join our Northern Beaches and Northern Suburbs team.
The Finance Manager is responsible for running the day-to-day accounts and long term financial aspects of the business. This role includes assisting with the development and maintenance of all relevant financial systems and reporting systems. The Finance Manager is responsible for preparing monthly management accounts, meeting statutory requirements, maintaining cash controls, overseeing the payroll administration, and overseeing accounts receivable and accounts payable. The Finance Manager will manage direct reports within the finance team and provide leadership, supervision & support to team members.
Main Duties & Principal Accountabilities:
- Administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure Just Better Care finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
- Monthly management accounts and close (P&L, BS)
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the General Ledgers
- Management of payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Financial Management of home care packages
- Maintenance of financial files and records
- Completion of all statutory reporting requirements
- Financial Audit support
- Support in the preparation of budget/forecast and margin analysis
- Identifying areas for process improvement
- Adhere to all relevant policies and procedures in accordance with Just Better Care’s Business Operating System.
- Perform other related duties as required
Essential Selection Criteria;
Relevant tertiary financial qualification or equivalent knowledge (degree level qualification preferred or diploma level qualification with relevant experience)
Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, regulations and standards
Experience in working in a small finance environment.
Sound knowledge and understanding of financial accounting /management accounting principles, regulations and standards
Strong computer skills – Microsoft office including excel; MYOB ; integrated financial software applications
Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Sound leadership/staff management skills
Effective organisational skills
Diligent with strong attention to detail
Experience with account and general ledger reconciliations.
Ability to exercise sound judgement and tact, and capacity to work efficiently within a multidisciplinary team exercising initiative, innovative processes and a capacity to undertake a range of financial and administrative responsibilities.
Demonstrated attributes of drive and initiative, including an ability to work autonomously.
Current and clear Criminal Record Check
Our new office is located in Frenchs Forest. You will work as part of a, friendly and dedicated multi-disciplinary team. We offer a fun, friendly & supportive work environment, team social events and competitive salary & benefits.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the position description or discuss this opportunity further please call Bettina Esposito, Manager Clinical and Service Operations on P: 02 9934 9926.
In order to be considered for this role applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter addressing the essential criteria. The successful applicant must be willing to undergo a National Criminal Check.
Application closing date 29 January 2021
If you would like to join our growing team and become part of our friendly, professional network please apply today by clicking on “Apply for this job”. Possible starts with you.