VACANCY QLD - Compliance and Review Manager (Foster Care Sector)
Ref: KAQLD3 - Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane
COMPLIANCE AND REVIEW MANAGER
*Application located at the bottom of this page*
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving Out of Home Care service provider, Australia wide NGO
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017 and finalist for the Australian HR Awards 2017
- We provide therapeutic practice support to families and the vulnerable children and young people placed in their care
- Full Time (37.5 hours, flexibility is required due to travel within the community), office based in Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic NOT-FOR-PROFIT community service organisation providing high quality, innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
About the Role
To be the Compliance and Review Manager you will provide a flexible, effective and strategically planned quality, performance and review service in line with statutory and agency requirements and Key Assets purpose and pledges. This position will cover all Regions supported by Key Assets Queensland. Currently this includes South West Region (Toowoomba), North Coast (Caboolture) and Brisbane and South East Regions. As such the position will include travel requirements to these locations and any future growth locations.
The successful applicant will be part of a vibrant, energetic, and highly professional team committed to making a positive and lasting difference to the lives of children and young people.
- Manage and supervise the quality and safeguarding performance of the State in accordance with the specific legislative framework, National and State Standards, Key Assets policies and procedures and best practice guidance
- Writing and reviewing internal policies and procedures
- Manage and co-ordinate the complaints procedure and register ensuring compliance with agency policy
- Oversee and manage the process of carer renewals and training
- Take a lead responsibility in ensuring that actions deriving from internal audits and external licensing inspections are implemented within the State with the endorsement of the local management team and in line with the State Director’s strategic priorities.
- As Compliance Manager provide practice advice and support to the Social Work team and co-ordinate action plans arising from a Standards of Care investigation and outcome, including co-ordination of the Standards of Care Register
- Provide training to staff and carers on standards of care requirements and ensure policies and procedures in the regulation of care are reviewed annually and are updated and current.
Skills and experience required
- Extensive experience in family placement and/or child safety services
- Evidence of supervisory and training experience
- Experience of assessment and renewal of Foster Carers,
- Demonstrable experience of policy review and development and quality assurance and compliance
- Possess excellent organisational, communication and policy /report writing skills
- Comprehensive working knowledge of all relevant legislation pertaining to children’s services as well as publications which inform current thinking regarding good practice and the Safeguarding of children
Click here for full position description details - Compliance and Review Manager
Successful applicants will require a current Blue Card and also be willing to undergo a National and/or International Police Check and other Child Safety Departmental specific checks prior to commencement.
- Motor vehicle + Fuel card and Salary Packaging options
- Superannuation at 9.5%,
- On going supervision and professional development
- and mobile phone and laptop
- Be apart of a friendly and inclusive team
- Head Office based in Eight Mile Plains
Link to Position Description: Compliance and Review Manager
For a private conversation regarding this exciting opportunity, please call on Melissa Hayes on (07) 3452 9900
(KEY ASSETS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INTERVIEW SUITABLE INDIVIDUALS PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS CAMPAIGN, THIS CAMPAIGN MAY ALSO BE EXTENDED AT ANY TIME)
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
** GENERAL DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS **
CLOSURE DATE: Vacancy Applications close as per the date provided in the advert details / Website vacancy page. These dates may also be extended if suitable applicants are not found. EOI Applications will remain open for individuals to lodge interest in working for our organisation. These are monitored periodically for talent pooling and suitable persons will be contacted by HR or our management team.
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the campaign closing date. Campaigns may also be extended at any time.
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of Vacancy Applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at APPLICATION STAGE, due to volumes. There may also be times when feedback is not provided, also due to volumes of posts advertised. Key Assets apologies in advanced.
ELIGIBILTY (for AUS and or NZ Vacancies): To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian/ New Zealand Citizen /Resident residing within the country of the advertised position at the time of application. For overseas applicants you will hold an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa with no restrictions on working within the country. It is preferred that you be in the country at the time of application to be available for our interview process however for suitably experienced and qualified applicants interview alternatives may be arranged.
HOURS: 'Casual' - Hours are needs based. Hours are also not consistent / regular. Full Time 37.5 hrs/wk flexibility required due to travel (as you will work within the community)
COMMENCEMENT: Occurs when all statutory and personal checks have been satisfactorily completed. Departmental checks may take up to 28 business days to process which can cause delays in commencement.