VACANCY QLD - Senior Social Worker (Disability Services / OOHC)
Ref: KAQLD4 - Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane
SENIOR SOCIAL WORKER (DISABILITY SERVICES) - FULL TIME
* Application form located at the bottom *
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Bronze Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017, AWEI Silver Employer Award for 2018, finalist for the Australian HR Awards 2017 and Top 3 Finalist in the Diversity Awards NZ for Cultural Celebrations
- We provide therapeutic practice support to families and the vulnerable children and young people in their care
- Full Time (37.5 hours /week, flexibility is required, travel within the community is an expectation of the role), office based in Eight Mile Plains
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality, innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
About the role
As our Senior Disability Social Worker you will make a positive and lasting difference to children and young people with disabilities through the provision of quality care and support to enable them to reach their potential.
To be successful you will have a strong understanding and solid skills relating to contemporary practice in disability services. You MUST also have a tertiary qualification in Social Work recognised by the AASW.
The role will primarily be working in the community with children and young people with disability and their care teams. This will include children in foster care, young people who have left care, and children and young people living with their family.
Responsibilities (Full Position Description below)
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people
- Working as part of a team demonstrating trauma informed practice with children and young people who have suffered trauma, loss, neglect and/or abuse
- Monitoring and reviewing the suitability and competence of Key Assets Ability Carers ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children and young people
- Maintain knowledge of trends, practices, policies and legislation, in particular NDIS
- To conduct annual Carer Reviews. To undertake assessments of potential carers. To present Assessment Reports to the Key Assets Panel
** Full Position Description available by clicking here : Senior Social Worker Disability Services
Experience and Skills Required
- Tertiary Qualification in Social Work (ESSENTIAL)
- Experience in Disability, NDIS, and knowledge of the impact of trauma, and of attachment
- Current Australian driving licence
- Current QLD Yellow ('Positive Exemption Notice') and Blue Cards, for paid employment
- Successful applicants will require a current WWCC/Blue Card, relevant to the state in which this post is advertised, and also be willing to undergo a National and/or International Police Check and other Child Safety Departmental specific / statutory checks prior to commencement.
- Salary Packaging - Company Vehicle including fuel card
- On-Call allowance when rostered on call
- Laptop and phone
- On-going professional training and supervision
- Full time, 37.5 hrs with flexibility required for travel within and around the community
The role will provide support and supervision to carers living in and around Brisbane.
Again, you must be suitably qualified having obtained a relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work and be eligible for membership of the AASW
For a private and confidential discussion please call Mick Austin (QLD State Director) on (07) 3452 9900
Link to Position Description : Senior Social Worker (Disability Services)
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the closing date.
** GENERAL DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS **
CLOSURE DATE: Vacancy Applications close as per the date provided in the advert details / Website vacancy page. These dates may also be extended if suitable applicants are not found. EOI Applications will remain open for individuals to lodge interest in working for our organisation. These are monitored periodically for talent pooling and suitable persons will be contacted by HR or our management team.
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the campaign closing date. Campaigns may also be extended at any time.
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of Vacancy Applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at APPLICATION STAGE, due to volumes. There may also be times when feedback is not provided, also due to volumes of posts advertised. Key Assets apologies in advanced.
ELIGIBILTY (for AUS and or NZ Vacancies): To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian/ New Zealand Citizen /Resident residing within the country of the advertised position at the time of application. For overseas applicants you will hold an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa with no restrictions on working within the country. It is preferred that you be in the country at the time of application to be available for our interview process however for suitably experienced and qualified applicants interview alternatives may be arranged.
HOURS: 'Casual' - Hours are needs based. Hours are also not consistent / regular. Full Time 37.5 hrs/wk flexibility required due to travel (as you will work within the community)
COMMENCEMENT: Occurs when all statutory and personal checks have been satisfactorily completed. Departmental checks may take up to 28 business days to process which can cause delays in commencement.
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.